Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Clinton Cabinet members actions and issues
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Clinton Cabinet members actions and issues (number of quotes indicated):
- Andrew Cuomo (3) New York Democratic Governor
- Bill Richardson (2) New Mexico Former Democratic Governor (2002-2010) and Cabinet Sec'y
- Dan Glickman (1) Former Cabinet Secretary
- Donna Shalala (5) Democrat U.S. Rep Florida- 27
- Janet Reno (16) Florida Former Democratic Challenger (2006), and Cabinet Sec'y
- Madeleine Albright (2)
- Mike Espy (2) Democratic candidate for Mississippi U. S. Senator Mississippi
- Norman Mineta (2) Cabinet-2008
- Robert Reich (6) Massachusetts Former Dem. Challenger 2002, and Cabinet Sec'y
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles by/on Clinton Cabinet members.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Donna Shalala: 1992: Helped found new national abortion rights committee.
Budget & Economy|
Robert Reich: Gap between rich and poor is widening despite good economy.
Donna Shalala: Bring more women & minorities into academia.
Janet Reno: Infrastructure protection no threat to civil rights.
Janet Reno: Emphasized aggressive civil rights enforcement.
Janet Reno: Civil rights must be aggressively protected by government.
Mike Espy: Served as MS asst. attorney general for consumer protection.
Janet Reno: Against mandatory sentencing for nonviolent crimes.
Janet Reno: White collar crime a top priority.
Janet Reno: Constitutional admentment to protect victims’ rights.
Janet Reno: Incarcerate repeat offenders; alternatives for first offense.
Janet Reno: Invest in public schools.
Energy & Oil|
Janet Reno: $30M penalty for oil spills against Koch Industries.
Mike Espy: 1980s: Served on Lower Mississippi Delta Caucus.
Families & Children|
Janet Reno: Health care & education are building blocks of healthy kids.
Donna Shalala: Two-year stint in the Peace Corps, serving in Iran.
Madeleine Albright: Increased role for the United States in UN operations.
Robert Reich: Urges worldwide campaign against child labor.
Janet Reno: Can change culture of violence with conflict resolution.
Donna Shalala: At HHS, implemented a nationwide immunization plan.
Robert Reich: Universal coverage helps more than minimum wage increase.
Donna Shalala: Lobbied the Pentagon to end military LGBT ban in 1991.
Bill Richardson: Lived in Mexico (as American citizen) until age 13.
Janet Reno: Miami relatives broke US law by not giving Elian to father.
Robert Reich: Social mobility and median wages are down.
Robert Reich: Wage disparity between boss & workers hurts companies.
Robert Reich: Americans deserve a livable wage: raise the minimum.
Principles & Values|
Bill Richardson: Served 7 full terms in Congress in 1980s and 1990s.
Dan Glickman: Served in US House for Kansas' 4th Congressional District.
Andrew Cuomo: 1982: ran father Mario Cuomo's gubernatorial campaign.
Janet Reno: No evidence to investigate Clinton fundraising.
Janet Reno: Dislikes publicity; devoid of affect.
Norman Mineta: Digital Inclusion fosters societal good and business profit.
Norman Mineta: Close Digital Divide with public-private partnership.
Janet Reno: Coordinate national fight against Internet and other scams.
War & Peace|
Madeleine Albright: Madeleine's War: 11 weeks of air strikes in Kosovo conflict.
Janet Reno: Terrorism focus: protect air transportation; limit funding.
Welfare & Poverty|
Andrew Cuomo: Made fighting racial discrimination a key focus of HUD.
Andrew Cuomo: 1984: Founded HELP: Housing Enterprises for Less Privileged.
The above quotations are from Clinton Cabinet members actions and issues.
Biographies of past presidents:
- President Donald Trump
- Crippled America, by Donald Trump
- Trump Cabinet, On The Issues collection
- Donald Trump vs. Hillary Clinton On the Issues
- President Barack Obama
- Decision Points, by Barack Obama
- Obama Cabinet, On The Issues collection
- Barack Obama vs. Mitt Romney On the Issues
- President George W. Bush
- Bush Cabinet, On The Issues collection
- Decision Points, by George W. Bush
- A Charge to Keep, by George W. Bush
- President Bill Clinton
- Clinton Cabinet, On The Issues collection
- Back to Work, by Pres. Bill Clinton
- The Agenda, by Bob Woodward
- President George H. W. Bush
- All the Best, My Life in Letters, by George Bush Sr.
- The Family, (the Bushes) by Kitty Kelley
- William & Mary Environmental Law Review, by Cameron Lynch
- President Ronald Reagan
- Dutch, a Memoir of Ronald Reagan, by Edmund Morris
- Abortion and the Conscience of a Nation, by Pres. Ronald Reagan
- President Jimmy Carter
- An Hour Before Daylight, by Jimmy Carter
- Jimmy Who?: biography of Jimmy Carter
- President Gerald Ford
- Shadow: Five Presidents and the Legacy of Watergate,by Bob Woodward
- A Time to Heal: The Autobiography of Gerald R. Ford
- President Richard Nixon
- Seize the Moment, by Richard Nixon
- The Watergate Transcripts, by The Washington Post
- President Lyndon Johnson
- The Passage of Power, by Robert Caro
- Taking Charge: The Johnson White House Tapes, by Michael Beschloss
- President John F. Kennedy
- Profiles In Courage, by John F. Kennedy
- A Nation of Immigrants, by John F. Kennedy
- Kennedy & Nixon, by Chris Matthews
- 1000 Days, by Arthur Schlesinger
- 13 Days, by Robert F. Kennedy
- President Dwight Eisenhower
- Waging Peace, by Dwight Eisenhower
- Ike and Dick, by Jeffrey Frank
- President Harry Truman
- Plain Speaking, by Merle Miller
- Wit & Wisdom of Harry Truman, by Ralph Keyes