Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2014 West Virginia Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 WV Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- John Buckley (16) Libertarian Senate challenger West Virginia
- John Raese (3) Republican Senate Challenger West Virginia
- Natalie Tennant (13) Democratic Senate Challenger West Virginia
- Pat McGeehan (3) Republican Senate Challenger West Virginia
- Shelley Moore Capito (7) Republican Challenger West Virginia
- Zane Lawhorn (1) Republican Senate Challenger West Virginia
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
West Virginia Senate debates and race coverage:
- The Associated Press, "Capito Won't Attend Senate Debate Friday", by James Sparvero & Todd Baucher, Oct 14, 2014
- WV Metro News, "Capito and Tennant go head-to-head in U.S. Senate debate", by Aaron Payne, 10/8/2014
- Charleston Daily Mail, "There's a third candidate in the U.S. Senate race", OpEd by John Buckley, Aug. 12, 2014
- Reason Magazine interview of John Buckley (Libertarian candidate), July 24, 2014
- Beckley Register-Herald, "Tennant guns for US Senate", by Brandi Underwood, March 2, 2014
- Logan Banner on Natalie Tennant, Jan. 1, 2014
- Pat McGeehan, guest columnist in Huntington News, December 8, 2013
- Huffington Post AdWatch: Chamber of Commerce "War on Coal", 12/5/2013
- Huntington News, editorial, "Raese's Cautionary Words Have Come True", November 21, 2013
- The Herald-Dispatch (Huntington WV) AdWatch: Zack Harold, "Cancellation notices", Nov. 14, 2013
- Dave McNeely reporting in Huntington News, September 17, 2013
- Huntington Herald-Dispatch on Natalie Tennant, 3/31/2011
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
John Buckley: Pro-life Libertarian, because life begins at conception.
Budget & Economy|
John Buckley: National debt beggars future generations.
Pat McGeehan: Real crisis is $17T in debt and future unfunded liabilities.
Pat McGeehan: The Fed printing money for debt causes inflation.
Natalie Tennant: Treat gay couples equally, but no mandates on churches.
Shelley Moore Capito: Marriage is between a man and a woman.
John Buckley: Live and let live: support the freedom to marry.
John Buckley: Shares home with his same-sex partner.
John Buckley: I'm for limited government and free enterprise.
John Raese: OpEd: Sounded alarm in 2010 on international competitiveness.
John Buckley: Democrats are afraid to touch the failed War on Drugs.
Natalie Tennant: Federal registry to prevent "doctor shopping.
Energy & Oil|
Natalie Tennant: All-of-the-above energy approach, with priority on coal.
Shelley Moore Capito: AdWatch: Fights back against Obama's war on coal.
John Raese: 2010 alternative energy bill was WV's own cap-and-trade Bill.
Natalie Tennant: I learned "make-do" attitude via my upbringing on a farm.
Natalie Tennant: 18-month investigation into stolen election: 3 convictions.
Natalie Tennant: OpEd: Suppress voting by requiring change-of-address cards.
John Buckley: Freedom to carry AND freedom to marry.
Natalie Tennant: Vehemently disagrees with Obama administration on gun rights.
Shelley Moore Capito: Vote for repeal & replace; but work for fixing ObamaCare.
John Buckley: Less government in healthcare; more individual choice.
John Buckley: ObamaCare is a Big Government bacterial infection.
John Raese: ObamaCare relies on poor business model; use private-sector.
Natalie Tennant: Supports access to insurance for all.
Natalie Tennant: FactCheck: GOP says 147,000 lose insurance; really 8,800.
Shelley Moore Capito: Weak Iraq policy let ISIS foment into power.
John Buckley: National Defense Authorization Act is Big Brother spying.
John Buckley: Opposes NSA spying & foreign policy meddling.
Natalie Tennant: Secure the borders first, then send illegals to back of line.
Shelley Moore Capito: Secure the borders first, then comprehensive reform.
John Buckley: Create a mechanism to normalize people already here.
Natalie Tennant: Raise payroll cap to $240,000; and raise minimum wage.
Principles & Values|
Shelley Moore Capito: Declined to debate with 3rd-party candidates.
John Buckley: Former Republican state legislator.
John Buckley: Elected as Republican to VA House; running as Libertarian.
John Buckley: Cousin to William F. Buckley; long background in GOP.
Natalie Tennant: 55-county "Talk with Tennant" tour: represent W.V., not D.C.
Zane Lawhorn: We're seeping into era of chaos, as foretold in the Bible.
Pat McGeehan: Constitutional conservative: pro-life, pro-gun and pro-coal.
Shelley Moore Capito: Raise payroll cap above $200,000.
War & Peace|
Natalie Tennant: We should consider ground troops against ISIS.
Welfare & Poverty|
John Buckley: Eliminate DOE, HUD, HHS, NPR, FAA, and more.
The above quotations are from 2014 West Virginia Senate debates.
- Outsider in the House, by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I, VT)
- The Little Plaid Book, by Sen. Lamar Alexander (R, TN)
- Cowboy in Caracas, by Senate nominee Charlie Hardy (D, WY)
- The New Black Politician: Cory Booker, Newark, and Post-Racial America (D, NJ)
- Now or Never: A Call to Reclaim America, by Rep. Jody Hice (R, GA-10)
- The Case for Polarized Politics, by Senate candidate Jeff Bell (R, NJ)
- Born To Fly, by Senate candidate Shane Osborn (R, NE)
- A Tribute to 101 Incredible Women, by Senate candidate Joyce Dickerson (D, SC)
- The Debt Bomb, by Senator Tom Coburn (R, OK)
- A Fighting Chance, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D, MA)
- Winning Right, by Senate candidate Ed Gillespie (R,VA)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)