Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
News coverage of `Blue Wave` 2018 House races in New York
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 House NY elections (number of quotes indicated):
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (30) Democrat U.S. Rep New York- 14
- Anthony Brindisi (13) Democrat U.S. Rep New York- 22
- Antonio Delgado (6) Democrat U.S. Rep New York- 19
- Chris Collins (1) Republican U.S. Rep New York-27
- Claudia Tenney (1) Republican U.S. Rep New York- 22
- Joe Morelle (5) Democrat U.S. Rep New York- 25
- John Katko (1) Republican House Member U.S. Rep New York- 24
- Max Rose (3) Democrat U.S. Rep New York- 11
- Tom Reed (1) Republican U.S. Rep New York-23
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2018 New York Congressional race news coverage:
- NY-11: Staten Island Advance, "Malliotakis takes aim at Rep. Rose over delayed North American trade deal," by Paul Liotta, Dec 03, 2019
- NY-11: New York Post, "Max Rose blasts New York's new criminal justice reforms," by Carl Campanile and Kenneth Garger, December 2, 2019
- NY-11: The Brooklyn Reporter, "Pols vow to fix Social Security's slow service," by Paula Katinas, August 26, 2019
- NY-23 & NY-24: Washington Blade, "House votes to defund trans military ban in rebuke to Trump," by Chris Johnson, June 18, 2019
- NY-19: Albany Times-Union, "Delgado supports private/public health option," by Dan Freedman, 4/5/2019
- NY-14: The New Republic, "The Democrats Stole the Green Party's Best Idea," by Emily Atkin, February 22, 2019
- NY-22: Oneida Daily Dispatch, "Brindisi talks reproductive rights at town hall in Rome," by Charles Pritchard, 2/21/2019
- NY-19: Schenectady Daily Gazette, "Delgado talks wealth inequality in Canajoharie," by Jason Subik, 2/20/2019
- NY-14: Bangor Daily News, "Democrats seek Green New Deal to address climate change," by Matthew Daly, February 7, 2019
- NY-27: Politico.com, "Trio of Republicans face life in exile," by Melanie Zanona 02/04/2019
- NY-14: PoliticalWire.com, "Ocasio-Cortez Not Worried About Pushback from Dems," by Taegan Goddard, January 22, 2019
- NY-14: Late Show with Stephen Colbert, "Interview on 70% marginal tax rate," by Stephen Colbert, January 21, 2019
- NY-22: Rome Sentinel, "Brindisi: Raise the cap on Social Security tax to save it," by David Hill, 12/21/2018
- NY-25: Rochester Democrat & Chronicle, "Morelle/Maxwell: Final Debate (WROC-8)", by Brian Sharp, 11/1/2018
- NY-25: Rochester City Newspaper, "High stakes in Maxwell-vs-Morelle race", by Jeremy Moule, 10/31/2018
- NY-19: Rolling Stone magazine, "Why Democrats Should Embrace Pot for the Midterms," by Matt Laslo, 10/29/2018
- NY-22: Utica Observer-Dispatch, "Brindisi, Tenney discuss education issues", by Samantha Madison, 10/28/2018
- NY-19: Hudson Valley One, "On healthcare, Faso and Delgado differ drastically," by Jesse J. Smith, 10/21/2018
- NY-22: CNBC, "Democrat in a tight NY House race is a Trump critic", by Brian Schwartz, 10/19/2018
- NY-22: Syracuse Post-Standard, "Brindisi blames gun lobby for inaction in Congress," by Mark Weiner, 10/19/2018
- NY-19: Poughkeepsie Journal, "6 Takeaways: Faso, Delgado spar on health care & immigration," by Nina Schutzman, 10/11/2018
- NY-22: Utica Observer Dispatch, "Brindisi, Tenney discuss abortion & #MeToo," by Samantha Madison, 10/7/2018
- NY-22: Utica College Center for Public Affairs, "Brindisi Out of Step with Democrats on Gun Policy", by Luke Perry, 10/3/18
- NY-22: Utica Observer-Dispatch, "Climate concerns: Where Brindisi, Tenney stand," by Samantha Madison, 9/30/2018
- NY-22: Utica Observer-Dispatch, "Tenney, Brindisi talk taxes, price increases," by Samantha Madison, 8/26/2018
- NY-22: Binghamton Press & Sun-Bulletin, "Tenney, Brindisi differ greatly on healthcare", by Natasha Vaughn, 8/24/2018
- NY-22: Utica Observer-Dispatch, "Tenney, Brindisi weigh in on immigration", by Samantha Madison, 8/6/2018
- NY-22: Oneida Daily Dispatch, "Brindisi talks medical marijuana at town hall in Utica," by Charles Pritchard, 7/25/2018
- NY-14: The Daily Caller , “Ocasio-Cortez Called For Tax Cuts When She Was Running A Business,” by Andrew Kerr, July 5, 2018
- NY-14: The Week, “How Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez beat one of Congress' most powerful Democrats,” by Joel Dodge, June 27, 2018
- NY-25: State Senator Sue Serino press release, "Serino and Morelle Team Up to Curb Food Waste Epidemic", 6/9/2017
- NY-25: Newsday, "Legislature pushes for school aid-increase," by Michael Gormley, 3/30/2017
Special coverage of "Blue Wave" states:
- CA: 7 new House members including 6 Democrats and 5 Democratic takeovers
- FL: 5 new House members including 2 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers
- MI: 5 new House members including 4 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers
- MN: 5 new House members including 3 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers (and 1 Republican takeover!)
- NJ: 4 new House members including 4 Democrats and 3 Democratic takeovers
- NY: 4 new House members including 4 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers
- PA: 7 new House members including 4 Democrats and 4 Democratic takeovers (with statewide redistricting)
- TX: 10 new House members including 4 Democrats and 2 Democratic takeovers
- VA: 5 new House members including 3 Democrats and 3 Democratic takeovers
- All other states: 51 new House members including 17 Democratic takeovers
- Endorsements: Organizational endorsements of new House members, from groups that focus on one issue
- 2019 House incumbents: continuing coverage of the 116th Congress
Conclusion: the "Blue Wave" means Democrats took over Congress but the rest is media hype.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Anthony Brindisi: Opposes abortions in later terms unless to save mother.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Women should have access to quality reproductive healthcare.
Anthony Brindisi: Abortion is a decision between woman and her doctor.
Anthony Brindisi: Champion of reproductive freedom: a "Man for Choice".
John Katko: Allow transgender people in the military.
Tom Reed: Allow transgender people in the military.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Make discrimination by gender & sexual orientation illegal.
Anthony Brindisi: Trump tax breaks benefitted large corporations, not workers.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Raise taxes on the wealthy and on corporations.
Max Rose: Opposed state reform of cash bail requirements.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Total renovation of justice system; end mass incarceration.
Antonio Delgado: Increase funding for drug treatment centers; yes for med pot.
Anthony Brindisi: Educate the public and medical community about pot benefits.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Stand up to pharmaceutical lobbies that entice addiction.
Anthony Brindisi: Against siphoning money away from struggling public schools.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Expand national education into tuition-free public colleges.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Tuition-free college spurs economic activity by millennials.
Joe Morelle: Increase aid for public education, including charter schools.
Energy & Oil|
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: OpEd: Green New Deal idea borrowed from Green Party.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Keep existing nuclear power plants but block new ones.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Move to a carbon-free, 100% renewable energy system.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Green New Deal: economic & environmental transformation.
Anthony Brindisi: Opposes rolling back environmental protection regulations.
Claudia Tenney: Obama era EPA focused on pushing radical ideological agenda.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Government inaction caused 3,000 deaths in Hurricane Maria.
Joe Morelle: Reduce food waste will help hungry and environment.
Families & Children|
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Supports legislation that promotes paid family leave.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: More women in Congress means more focus on family leave.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Build global ties & stronger economy by bringing troops home.
Max Rose: Won't commit to USMCA unless US workers get fair deal.
Anthony Brindisi: Trump's trade war, lack of labor, hurts NY dairy farmers.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: First pledge to voters: clean up campaign finances.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Puerto Ricans suffer neglect from not having a federal vote.
Anthony Brindisi: Gun lobbying has ceased expanded background check efforts.
Antonio Delgado: Supports Second Amendment, but every right has its limits.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Believes in common-sense approach to reforming gun control.
Anthony Brindisi: Gun control provisions burdensome on constituent's rights.
Antonio Delgado: Public option benefits rural areas by providing competition.
Joe Morelle: Expand ObamaCare to include drug companies.
Antonio Delgado: Public option encourages mobility & innovation in job market.
Anthony Brindisi: Fix Obamacare first; open to expand health insurance after.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Medicare-for-All offers affordable healthcare to everyone.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Medicare-for-All saves money; an investment for our future.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Pay for 65% of Medicare with defense waste (FactCheck: 20%).
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Honors and thanks all veterans for their service.
Antonio Delgado: Bring immigrants out of the shadows, but don't abolish ICE.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: ICE must end; it's unaccountable to standards of due process.
Anthony Brindisi: Law-abiding immigrants should be able to earn citizenship.
Joe Morelle: Supports paid family leave & equal pay legislation.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Endorses a Federal Jobs Guarantee program with benefits.
Principles & Values|
Chris Collins: Stripped of committee posts while under indictment.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Activism is inherently divisive, like MLK was.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Democratic socialist uncompromised about what's right & just.
Max Rose: Improve customer service at Social Security.
Anthony Brindisi: Opposes cutting Social Security, or raising benefit age.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Avid supporter of Social Security; wants to see it expanded.
Joe Morelle: Will not support cutting Medicare & Social Security benefits.
Antonio Delgado: Neglecting to tax the wealthy is hurting nation's future.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: 70% marginal tax rate on income above $10M/year.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Systemic neglect in Puerto Rico: Full FEMA resources needed.
Welfare & Poverty|
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Democratic Socialism: no American should be too poor to live.
The above quotations are from News coverage of `Blue Wave` 2018 House races in New York.