Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Alaska Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 AK Senatorial race (number of quotes indicated):
- Al Gross (14) Independent 2020 Senate Challenger Alaska
- Dan Sullivan (7) Republican challenger Alaska
- Donald Trump (1) Republican Presidential incumbent
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Alaska 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- KOTZ Radio 720 AM," Gross highlights health & clean energy," 4/23/2020
- KTVF Fairbanks Webcenter-11, "Al Gross announces plan to fix current pension system," by Sara Tewksbury, Feb 29, 2020
- Anchorage Press, "Health care reform key to Al Gross' bid to unseat Dan Sullivan," by Matt Hickman, Jan 22, 2020
- KTVA-11, "Alaska Democratic Party backs Gross for US Senate," by Steve Quinn, October 11, 2019
- AAOS.org, "OrthoPAC Endorses AAOS Member Al Gross, MD, for U.S. Senate," 10/1/2019
- The Midnight Sun, "Al Gross says his campaign will be Alaska's first to unionize," by Matt Buxton, September 3, 2019
- Anchorage Daily News, "We must defend Alaska against foreign corporate interests," by Al Gross, August 29, 2019
- KRBD.org Ketchikan, "Al Gross shares reasons for Senate run," by Elizabeth Gabriel, Aug. 20, 2019
- OpenSecrets.org, "Banking groups lobby Congress to enable banking services for cannabis companies," by Karl Evers-Hillstrom, June 7, 2019
- MustReadAlaska.com, "Al Gross forming exploratory committee for U.S. Senate," by Suzanne Downing, May 14, 2019
- Homer News, "Sen. Sullivan talks Roadless Rule, Medicare, Green New Deal," by Mollie Barnes, March 21, 2019
- MarijuanaMoment.net, "Marijuana Bill Would Force Study On Medical Cannabis For Veterans," by Kyle Jaeger, January 18, 2019
- White House press release, "Saying Goodbye to an Outdated Tax Code," April 17, 2018
- KTUU 2-NBC, "Sen. Sullivan evaluating tax reform plan, praises Trump's North Korea stance," Nov 20, 2017
- Anchorage Daily News, "Sullivan, Begich spar over Social Security in U.S. Senate race," by Nathaniel Herz, September 28, 2014
- AARP.org, "Social Security Takes Center Stage in Alaska Senate Campaign," by Richard E. Cohen, September 24, 2014
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Al Gross: Will defend right to choose & reproductive healthcare.
Donald Trump: Historic tax cuts and reforms for American businesses.
Dan Sullivan: Co-sponsored SAFE Banking Act for cannabis businesses.
Dan Sullivan: Opposed pot legalization; but willing to support voter will.
Dan Sullivan: Co-sponsored bill directing VA to research medical marijuana.
Al Gross: Make college more affordable & accessible.
Energy & Oil|
Al Gross: Climate change a threat: Alaska literally losing villages.
Al Gross: Opposes Canadian mine in Alaska operation EPA would allow.
Al Gross: End Citizens United; get dark money out of politics.
Al Gross: System is broken; start with Medicare and public option.
Al Gross: Take on big pharma on prices & opioid epidemic.
Al Gross: Increase access, lower prescription prices.
Al Gross: Health care costs holds back economy, especially in Alaska.
Al Gross: Led AK ballot initiatives to expand Medicaid.
Al Gross: Raise the minimum wage; defend collective bargaining.
Al Gross: First political campaign in Alaska to unionize.
Principles & Values|
Al Gross: I fought grizzly bears, so I'm ready for Washington.
Al Gross: Independent endorsed by state Democratic Party.
Dan Sullivan: Against privatization, explore raising age or means testing.
Dan Sullivan: Young people can accept change; don't expect to get benefits.
Dan Sullivan: Lowering taxes is a major win for country.
Dan Sullivan: Cutting taxes will start to turn economy around.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Al Gross Independent 2020 Senate Challenger Alaska
- Dan Sullivan Republican challenger Alaska
- Donald Trump Republican Presidential incumbent
The above quotations are from 2020 Alaska Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)