Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Colorado Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 CO Senatorial race (number of quotes indicated):
- Alice Madden (7) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Colorado
- Andrew Romanoff (4) Democratic 2020 Challenger Colorado
- Angela Williams (2) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Colorado
- Cory Gardner (24) Republican Senator Colorado
- Dan Baer (6) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Colorado
- Ellen Burnes (4) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Colorado
- John Hickenlooper (29) Colorado Democratic Colorado Governor
- Michael Bennet (1) Colorado Democratic candidate for President; Colorado Senator
- Mike Johnston (2) Colorado Democratic candidate for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Colorado 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- ScienceDebate.org questionnaire, John W. Hickenlooper, November 2020
- Denver Post, "Gardner, Hickenlooper tangle in translated Spanish debate for U.S. Senate," by Nicholas Riccardi, October 6, 2020
- CBS-Denver, "John Hickenlooper, Sen. Cory Gardner Swap Jabs On Ethics, Health Care At Senate Debate," by N.Riccardi, Oct.2, 2020
- KUNC-BBC radio, "Gardner, Hickenlooper Clash Over Pandemic Response, Supreme Court Pick In First Debate," by Scott Franz, 10/2/20
- ColoradoPolitics.com, "Gardner and Hickenlooper break down the 'wall of words' during Pueblo debate," by Joey Bunch, Oct 2, 2020
- AARP survey, "Cory Gardner and John Hickenlooper Answer 5 Questions Vital to Voters Age 50+", by Andrew Soergel, September 30, 2020
- CampusElect survey (John Hickenlooper vs. Corey Gardner), September 2020
- The Hill e-zine, "Gun control group rolls out first round of Senate endorsements", by Julia Manchester, 06/09/20
- Summit Daily News, "Colorado U.S. Senate candidates talk climate change, health care, gun control," by Deepan Dutta, October 24, 2019
- Westword.com, "Alice Madden Drops Out of High-Profile Colorado Race," by Michael Roberts. October 11, 2019
- Sentinel Colorado, "This is a race for the US Senate, not a coronation," by State Senator Angela Williams, August 23, 2019
- Westword.com, "Angela Williams on Emerging From the Crowd," by Michael Roberts, August 15, 2019
- Westword.com, "Dan Baer on Growing Up Gay," by Michael Roberts, April 30, 2019
- Denver Post, "Colorado State professor is the latest entrant in U.S. Senate race," by Justin Wingerter, April 17, 2019
- Westword.com, "The Death Penalty Is Incredibly Racist in How It's Applied, March 9, 2019
- Cannabis Economy, "Encounter with Sessions on Cannabis Economy podcast", Feb. 11, 2019
- Westword.com, "Alice Madden on Her Plan to Unseat Cory Gardner," by Michael Roberts, July 31, 2019
- Vote-USA.org Colorado Senate Guide (Cory Gardner), 11/30/2010
- KCSU 90.5-FM, "An Interview with Mike Johnston," by Zay Reyes, June 25, 2018
- The Daily Beast, "Senators Urge Trump Administration to Counter Chinese Meddling in Democracies," by B.Allen-Ebrahimian, 6/11/18
- Denver Post, "This white man, Sen. Mike Johnston, writes a letter to a black Denver church," by Lynn Bartels, June 18, 2015
- ColoradoPolitics.com, "Romanoff and iDE seek long-term free market solution to poverty," by Peter Marcus, Oct 11, 2011
- Vote-USA.org Colorado Senate Guide (Cory Gardner), 11/30/2010
- Colorado Independent, " Romanoff defends record on Social Security against Bennet attacks," by Joseph Boven, July 29, 2010
- Denver Post, "A conversation with Andrew Romanoff," July 23, 2010
- Denver Post, "Romanoff favors taxing Social Security wages over $100,000," by Michael Booth, May 18, 2010
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
John Hickenlooper: Planned Parenthood supports reproductive health.
Budget & Economy|
Andrew Romanoff: Targeted investments good, but crazy to go deeper in debt.
Cory Gardner: Against same-sex marriage but now law of the land.
Dan Baer: I'm lucky to have grown up gay, but there's still work to do.
Cory Gardner: After seeing legal pot in CO, supports it for all states.
Mike Johnston: Focus on treatment for addiction, not criminalization.
Cory Gardner: Filed brief for tax dollars for private religious schools.
Cory Gardner: Let employers donate tax free to employees' student loans.
John Hickenlooper: Opposes vouchers for private or religious schools.
John Hickenlooper: Expanded student loan repayment and forgiveness programs.
Angela Williams: Student loan debt is ball and chain on young people's lives.
Alice Madden: Drive more money into K-12 and higher education.
Dan Baer: Education is a social benefit & an investment in our country.
Ellen Burnes: Grads struggling with student debt deserve better.
Energy & Oil|
John Hickenlooper: 100% renewable energy economy by 2050.
Cory Gardner: Pushed for clean-tech investments.
John Hickenlooper: Calls for 100% renewable energy by 2050.
John Hickenlooper: Climate change a threat, green energy means new jobs.
Cory Gardner: Opposes ending coal use; would kill jobs.
Alice Madden: Dire need to forge solutions to the climate crisis.
Alice Madden: Sense of urgency to act on addressing climate change.
Dan Baer: Address climate change, but not the Green New Deal.
Cory Gardner: Voted to repeal EPA rules regulating methane emissions.
John Hickenlooper: Adopted low-emission vehicle standards, methane standards.
Alice Madden: Sense of urgency to act on saving the environment.
Families & Children|
Ellen Burnes: Worked with youth organizations such as 4-H and FFA.
Cory Gardner: Correct family policies that promote divisions.
Cory Gardner: Voted against blocking arms sales to Saudi Arabia.
John Hickenlooper: Supports cutting off military support to Saudi Arabia.
John Hickenlooper: Realign foreign policy to reflect American leadership.
Dan Baer: Served as US ambassador to OSCE & multilateral organizations.
Cory Gardner: Led bipartisan opposition to China's election interference.
Cory Gardner: Require Senate candidates to e-file campaign finance reports.
Cory Gardner: Overturn Colorado being in National Popular Vote Compact.
John Hickenlooper: Reinstate Voting Rights Act provisions struck down by Court.
John Hickenlooper: Pass the electoral reforms of the For the People Act.
John Hickenlooper: End partisan gerrymandering, support Fair Maps Act.
Dan Baer: Tackle corruption and role of big money in politics.
Cory Gardner: Opposed background checks gun show and online sales.
Alice Madden: Gun safety in the wake of school shootings.
Cory Gardner: COVID: government containing, stabilizing supply-chain.
John Hickenlooper: COVID: Need capacity test or vaccinate every American.
Cory Gardner: Supported efforts to repeal Affordable Care Act.
John Hickenlooper: ACA led to successful state marketplace & Medicaid expansion.
John Hickenlooper: COVID: Trump ignored the risk, that was negligent.
John Hickenlooper: We need to get to universal coverage, won't break the bank.
Cory Gardner: I want to fight against Medicare for All.
Cory Gardner: Prevent Big Pharma from denying generic status to some drugs.
John Hickenlooper: Allow Medicare to negotiate with drug companies.
John Hickenlooper: Investigate anticompetitive practices by drug companies.
John Hickenlooper: I will always stand up for Medicaid.
Alice Madden: Grow toward a public option.
Dan Baer: Address insurance non-coverage, but no single-payer system.
Cory Gardner: Voted against protecting DREAMers from deportation.
John Hickenlooper: Border wall "ineffective" and a waste of billions.
Cory Gardner: Opposed 2013 bipartisan bill; later co-wrote DACA bill.
Cory Gardner: Co-sponsored the National Right to Work Act.
Cory Gardner: People will lose their jobs from minimum-wage increase.
John Hickenlooper: Reverse ruling government workers needn't pay union dues.
Cory Gardner: COVID: Rehire America plan would help pay people.
John Hickenlooper: Strengthen protections against age discrimination.
Principles & Values|
Alice Madden: Withdrew from race when former governor declared candidacy.
Angela Williams: Attacking progressive ideas as "socialist" is a scare tactic.
Ellen Burnes: We need leaders who don't just dispense red tape.
Mike Johnston: Reached out to local church after S.C. shootings.
Cory Gardner: Social Security one of the most important social safety nets.
John Hickenlooper: Protect Social Security; oppose attempts to reduce benefits.
John Hickenlooper: Protect and bolster Social Security, Medicare.
Andrew Romanoff: Optional personal retirement accounts, but no privatization.
Michael Bennet: Optional personal retirement accounts ARE privatization.
Andrew Romanoff: Raise cap on income subject to Social Security tax.
Cory Gardner: Voted for President Trump's 2017 tax cut.
John Hickenlooper: Don't pass on $1.5 trillion new debt to future generations.
John Hickenlooper: Provide ample funding for scientific research.
John Hickenlooper: NASA's Earth Science program may help on climate crisis.
John Hickenlooper: Bolster cybersecurity defense of our voting systems.
Ellen Burnes: Navigate billions in infrastructure updates.
War & Peace|
John Hickenlooper: Veterans deserve priority in help to re-enter civilian life.
Welfare & Poverty|
Andrew Romanoff: Advised group on free market solutions to poverty.
The above quotations are from 2020 Colorado Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)