Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
11th Democratic Debate, March 15, 2020, one-on-one between Biden and Sanders
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 11th Democratic Primary Debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Barack Obama (1) Democratic President (elected 2008)
- Bernie Sanders (5) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Donald Trump (1) Republican Presidential incumbent
- Joe Biden (13) Democratic V.P.
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Bernie Sanders: Voted against bailout, because wealthiest didn't pay for it.
Joe Biden: Supported bank bailout, but someone should have gone to jail.
Joe Biden: Provide school lunch even if schools closed for pandemic.
Joe Biden: 2 years of education is not enough; we need 16 now, free.
Joe Biden: World should give $20B to Brazil to stop burning Amazon.
Families & Children|
Bernie Sanders: Half of Americans are women; and half my Cabinet will be.
Barack Obama: 2016: Cuba made progress in education and healthcare.
Joe Biden: 30 years ago, I proposed campaign finance reform.
Bernie Sanders: Cover all costs for coronavirus testing and treatment.
Donald Trump: Refused coronavirus test kits from World Health Organization.
Joe Biden: Coronavirus national rally: care; testing; hospital capacity.
Joe Biden: Accept coronavirus test kits from World Health Organization.
Bernie Sanders: End ICE raids; they terrify kids of immigrants.
Joe Biden: Xenophobia is a disease; invest in Latinos' future.
Joe Biden: No deportations unless aliens committed a felony in the US.
Joe Biden: I supported $15 minimum wage in NYC years ago.
Principles & Values|
Joe Biden: I commit to nominating a woman as my Vice President.
Bernie Sanders: Incremental adjustments ok, but no Social Security cuts.
Joe Biden: Increase Social Security benefits without cuts.
Joe Biden: Restructure tax code while protecting Social Security.
The above quotations are from 11th Democratic Debate, March 15, 2020, one-on-one between Biden and Sanders.
Debates and Surveys in the 2020 Democratic Primary:
Surveys and other coverage of the Democratic Primary:
- 11th Democratic Debate, one-on-one between Biden and Sanders, March 15, 2020
- 10th Democratic Debate, between South Carolina primary and Super Tuesday, Feb. 25 2020
- Feb. 2020 Democratic Debate (9th Debate) on eve of the Nevada caucus, Feb. 19 2020
- February Democratic candidates debate in N.H., (Feb. 7, 2020)
- CNN New Hampshire Town Halls (Feb. 5-6, 2020)
- January Democratic candidates debate in Des Moines, (Jan. 14, 2020)
- December Democratic candidates debate at UCLA, (Dec. 19, 2019)
- November Democratic candidates debate in Atlanta, (Nov. 20, 2019)
- October Democratic candidates debate in Ohio, (Oct. 15, 2019)
- CNN LGBT Town Hall (Oct. 10, 2019)
- Business Insider Republican candidates debate, (Sept. 24, 2019)
- September Democratic candidates debate in Houston, (Sept. 12, 2019)
- CNN Climate Town Hall (Sept. 4, 2019)
- July Democratic candidates debate in Detroit (July 30-31, 2019)
- June Democratic candidates debate in Miami, (June 26-27, 2019)
- CNN Town Halls (April-May, 2019)
- Survey of 2020 Presidential campaign websites
- Politico 2020Dems Presidential survey
- NPR Morning Edition 2020 Presidential survey
- CNN Kfile, investigative reporting on presidential contenders
- Jacobin Magazine, socialist perspectives on presidential contenders
- CNN Town Halls, with presidential contenders
- Fox Town Halls, with presidential contenders
- 2020 Presidential Hopefuls by OnTheIssues.org
Books by 2020 Presidential hopefuls:
- The Truths We Hold, by Kamala Harris (2019)
- Shortest Way Home, by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
- The Mueller Report, investigation and commentary (2019)
- From the Ground Up, by Howard Schultz (2019)
- Where We Go From Here, by Bernie Sanders (2018)
- The Right Answer, by John Delaney (2018)
- An Unlikely Journey, by Julian Castro (2018)
- Healing the Soul of America, by Marianne Williamson (2018)
- Promise Me, Dad, by Joe Biden (2017)
- This Fight Is Our Fight by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
- The Making of Donald Trump by David Cay Johnston (2017)
- United, by Cory Booker (2016)
- The Opposite of Woe, by John Hickenlooper (2016)
- The Senator Next Door, by Amy Klobuchar (2015)
- Off the Sidelines, Kirsten Gillibrand (2014)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Beto O'Rourke (2011)
Page last edited: Mar 21, 2020