Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Mississippi Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 MS Senatorial race (number of quotes indicated):
- Cindy Hyde-Smith (4) Republican Mississippi U. S. Senator Mississippi
- Mike Espy (13) Democratic candidate for Mississippi U. S. Senator Mississippi
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Mississippi 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- Medium.com e-zine, "Make lynching a federal hate crime," by Mike Espy, June 18, 2020
- WJTV-12 News Jackson, "Mike Espy calls for major police reform to increase transparency," June 11, 2020
- News Mississippi, "Hyde-Smith calls for regulations of lab-grown meat," by Alex Paton, April 14, 2019
- News Mississippi, "Congress looks to clarify clean water regulations," by Alex Paton, December 13, 2018
- The Intercept, "Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith, Now Demanding Repeal, Once Wanted More ObamaCare Money," by Lee Fang, November 21, 2018
- Vote-USA.org Mississippi Senate Guide (Cindy Hyde-Smith), 10/02/2011
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Mike Espy: Congress must help local governments with revenue shortfalls.
Mike Espy: Support small business especially minority/LGBTQ/women owned.
Mike Espy: Make it easier for qualified voters to vote during pandemic.
Mike Espy: Make lynching a federal hate crime.
Mike Espy: Reform police tactics, racial bias training, ban chokehold.
Mike Espy: Public dollars should go toward public schools--period.
Mike Espy: Increase teacher pay; fund teacher training programs.
Mike Espy: Expand apprenticeship/job training programs.
Cindy Hyde-Smith: Revise Obama big-government rules on US waters.
Mike Espy: Experience in negotiating multilateral trade treaties.
Mike Espy: Shore up rural hospitals; expand Medicaid.
Mike Espy: Number one priority will be to expand Medicaid.
Cindy Hyde-Smith: Against ObamaCare; but sought ObamaCare funding.
Mike Espy: Protections for essential workers, paid family/medical leave.
Cindy Hyde-Smith: Protect our business & jobs in Mississippi agriculture.
Mike Espy: Ensure quality broadband access for every Mississippian.
Cindy Hyde-Smith: Favors regulation of lab grown meat products.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Cindy Hyde-Smith Republican Mississippi U. S. Senator Mississippi
- Mike Espy Democratic candidate for Mississippi U. S. Senator Mississippi
The above quotations are from 2020 Mississippi Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)