Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 New Hampshire Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 NH Senatorial race (number of quotes indicated):
- Andy Martin (13) Republican Senate Challenger New Hampshire
- Bill O`Brien (6) Republican Senate Challenger New Hampshire
- Corky Messner (16) Republican Challenger New Hampshire
- Don Bolduc (10) Republican 2020 Senate Challenger New Hampshire
- Gloria Bromell Tinubu (3) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger South Carolina
- Jeanne Shaheen (9) New Hampshire Former Democratic Governor (1997-2000); elected Senator 2008
- Kelly Ayotte (1) Republican Jr Senator New Hampshire
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
New Hampshire 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- Foster's Daily Democrat, "On the Trail: One on one with Corky Messner," by Paul Steinhauser, Aug 30, 2020
- National Public Radio (NHPR), "Criminal Investigation Sought into N.H. Senate Candidate Corky Messner's Foundation," by Holly Ramer, Aug 12, 2020
- National Public Radio (NHPR), "Meet the Candidate: Bryant 'Corky' Messner, Republican Running for U.S. Senate," Jul 9, 2020
- The Concord Patch, "NH U.S. Senate Candidate Arrested for DUI In 1995 In Colorado," by Tony Schinella, Jun 19, 2020
- The Keene Sentinel-Source, "Students have lost the most recent battle for voting rights," Jun 3, 2020
- The Concord Monitor, "Shaheen warns of potential ObamaCare repeal; says backup plan needed," by Ethan DeWitt, 2/20/2020
- The Manchester Union-Leader, "Shaheen will face anti-abortion foe in 2020," by Kevin Landrigan, Nov 10, 2019
- The Conway Daily Sun, "True conservative O'Brien seeks Shaheen's Senate seat," by Lloyd Jones, Sep 25, 2019
- Manchester Union-Leader, "What does impeachment inquiry mean for New Hampshire politics?," by Josie Albertson-Grove, 9/25/19
- WMUR-NH Public Broadcasting, "Ted Cruz endorses Bill O'Brien for US Senate," by John DiStaso, Sept. 19, 2019
- American Military News, "Ret. Gen. Don Bolduc is running for US Senate," by Melissa Leon, July 19, 2019
- Portsmouth Herald, "Retired Army general to challenge Shaheen for US Senate," by Alex LaCasse, 6/27/2019
- Portsmouth Herald, "Bolduc first to challenge Shaheen," by Paul Steinhauser, Jun 24, 2019
- Manchester Union Leader, "Death penalty repealed; NH Senate votes to override veto," by Dave Solomon, May 30, 2019
- Fox News, "Millennials are far more conservative than Democrats realize -- Here's why," by Bryant 'Corky' Messner, May 11, 2019
- WMUR.com, "Where 2018 Republican candidates for 1st CD seat stand on the issues," by Adam Sexton, Nov. 2018
- Vote-USA.org New Hampshire Senate Guide (Jeanne Shaheen), 10/24/2014
- Ballotpedia Candidate Connection 2020: Survey responses by Andy Martin, August 27, 2018
- The Washington Times, "Senator shames AR-15 owners: 'They're buying it to do bad things'," by Jessica Chasmar, June 21, 2016
- Los Angeles Times, "Andy Martin, self-proclaimed 'king of the birthers'," by Michael A. Memoli, Dec. 29, 2010
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Bill O`Brien: Led override of veto of partial-birth abortion ban.
Bill O`Brien: Would ban abortion in all cases, including rape and incest.
Gloria Bromell Tinubu: Against funding Planned Parenthood.
Andy Martin: Committed to sanctity of life, within the rule of law.
Budget & Economy|
Corky Messner: Support a Balanced Budget Amendment.
Don Bolduc: Federal government should not pick winners and losers.
Jeanne Shaheen: Eliminate wasteful spending; reform broken budget system.
Corky Messner: Black Lives Matter is revolutionary, don't defund police.
Bill O`Brien: Opposed students voting in-state "with no life experience".
Corky Messner: Criminal investigation requested of Messner Foundation.
Corky Messner: Arrested for DUI in 1995, pled guilty to lesser charge.
Kelly Ayotte: Supports capital punishment for police killers.
Andy Martin: Current crime system is ok, but open to improvements.
Andy Martin: We need more Safe Stations, for opioid users.
Corky Messner: No restrictions on education dollars including homeschooling.
Don Bolduc: Reduced tuition benefits through public service.
Andy Martin: Ensure college access for everyone.
Jeanne Shaheen: Tax-free college tuition savings plan.
Andy Martin: You can count on me to be an environmentalist.
Jeanne Shaheen: Protect NH clean air from upwind polluters.
Andy Martin: Be tough on China, but talk to China.
Jeanne Shaheen: Diplomacy is the preferred resolution to potential conflicts.
Corky Messner: Incentives to move labor from rogue countries like China.
Corky Messner: Eliminate unnecessary rules and regulations.
Andy Martin: End partisan bickering and gridlock in Congress.
Corky Messner: Against erosion of First & Second Amendment Rights.
Don Bolduc: Key to reducing violence isn't legislation, but communities.
Andy Martin: Changes at the margins to the Second Amendment.
Jeanne Shaheen: Semi-automatic rifles are weapons of war.
Corky Messner: COVID: Supports wearing a mask, against mandatory mask order.
Corky Messner: We need tort reform, allow market forces to work.
Corky Messner: Reduce regulations, provide waivers for Medicare, Medicaid.
Bill O`Brien: ACA like Fugitive Slave Act: destructive of liberty.
Don Bolduc: Replace ACA with free market principle.
Don Bolduc: ObamaCare is going to collapse under its own weight.
Andy Martin: ObamaCare blew up in Democrats' faces.
Corky Messner: Build up defense but spend money wisely.
Corky Messner: Invest in a strong national defense, latest technology.
Don Bolduc: Green Alert: find post-traumatic stressed veterans.
Jeanne Shaheen: Fight to stop sexual assault in the military.
Jeanne Shaheen: No more base closures; protect Pease & KC-46A tanker.
Don Bolduc: Citizenship off the table for those entering illegally.
Don Bolduc: Effectively secure our borders, including a wall.
Andy Martin: Minimum wage but NOT intended as living wage.
Jeanne Shaheen: Extend unemployment benefits & childcare tax credit.
Principles & Values|
Corky Messner: Against vandalism, but take down Confederate statues.
Corky Messner: Millennials aren't supporters of government socialism.
Don Bolduc: Leadership mantra: People, Family, Mission.
Bill O`Brien: I want to make sure we preserve the genius of our founders.
Bill O`Brien: Endorsed by Ted Cruz.
Gloria Bromell Tinubu: Leadership by serving others & personal responsibility.
Andy Martin: King of the Birthers: Obama is hiding something.
Corky Messner: Reduce taxes on small business; accelerated depreciation.
Andy Martin: Massively invest in cybersecurity & critical infrastructure.
Jeanne Shaheen: Secured funds for Berlin prison & Portsmouth Memorial Bridge.
War & Peace|
Don Bolduc: New Hampshire needs a full-service VA hospital.
Gloria Bromell Tinubu: Problem in the VA is leadership; need bottom up solution.
Andy Martin: Keep America talking, not shooting.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Andy Martin Republican Senate Challenger New Hampshire
- Bill O`Brien Republican Senate Challenger New Hampshire
- Corky Messner Republican Challenger New Hampshire
- Don Bolduc Republican 2020 Senate Challenger New Hampshire
- Gloria Bromell Tinubu Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger South Carolina
- Jeanne Shaheen New Hampshire Former Democratic Governor (1997-2000); elected Senator 2008
- Kelly Ayotte Republican Jr Senator New Hampshire
The above quotations are from 2020 New Hampshire Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)