Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 New Mexico Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 NM Senatorial race (number of quotes indicated):
- Ben Ray Lujan (28) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger New Mexico
- Gavin Clarkson (22) Republican 2020 Senate Challenger New Mexico
- Maggie Toulouse Oliver (8) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger (withdrew) New Mexico
- Mark Ronchetti (37) Republican Senate Nominee New Mexico
- Tom Udall (3) Democratic Sr Senator (Retiring 2020) New Mexico
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
New Mexico 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- Bay News, "Bitter US Senate contest dwells on crime, coronavirus," Associated Press, 10/6/2020
- Franklin Indiana Daily Journal, "Bitter US Senate contest dwells on crime, coronavirus," by Morgan Lee, 10/6/20
- The Santa Fe New Mexican, "Senate candidates face off in TV debate," By Robert Nott, Oct 5, 2020
- American Family Association "iVoterGuide" on 2020 New Mexico Senate race (Bob Walsh & Gavin Clarkson), downloaded Oct. 2020
- Albuquerque Journal, "Q&A: U.S. Senate Candidate Mark Ronchetti", downloaded Oct. 2020
- CampusElect survey (Mark Ronchetti vs. Ben Ray Luján), September 2020
- Albuquerque Journal, "Q&A: U.S. Senate Gavin Clarkson," downloaded 6/14/20
- The Hill e-zine, "Gun control group rolls out first round of Senate endorsements", by Julia Manchester, 06/09/20
- KOB-4 Eyewitness News, "Get to know the Republican candidates for U.S. Senate," by Chris Ramirez, May 15, 2020
- Las Cruces Sun News, "Meteorologist Mark Ronchetti to run for US Senate," by Russell Contreras. 1/7/2020
- Santa Fe New Mexican, "Toulouse Oliver announces bid to become first N.M. woman in Senate," by Andrew Oxford, Apr 24, 2019
- The Nation magazine, "Why Democratic Contenders Now Call for Abolishing the Electoral College," by John Nichols, April 8, 2019
- NBC-4 Washington, "Groom Has to Convince DC Marriage Clerk That New Mexico Is a State," by Carissa DiMargo, November 30, 2018
- Ballotpedia Candidate Connection: Survey responses by Gavin Clarkson, 2018
- Los Alamos Daily Post, "Scorecard On Church/State Separation," by Chris Clark, August 25, 2016
- Ballotpedia Candidate Connection: Survey responses by Maggie Toulouse Oliver, 2014
- Vote-USA.org New Mexico Senate Guide (Tom Udall), 10/25/2014
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Ben Ray Lujan: Roe v. Wade is law of the land; should not be overturned.
Mark Ronchetti: Unborn babies just happen to be living inside their mother.
Mark Ronchetti: Oppose late term abortion, support ban on federal funding.
Ben Ray Lujan: Ensure that abortion remains safe and legal.
Gavin Clarkson: Ban late-term abortions; no tax dollars to fund abortions.
Mark Ronchetti: No federal funding for abortion.
Gavin Clarkson: Oppose taxpayer funded abortions, & Planned Parenthood.
Budget & Economy|
Mark Ronchetti: COVID: Responsibly re-open economy, help small businesses.
Gavin Clarkson: Frack China: Seize Treasury bonds held by Communist China.
Maggie Toulouse Oliver: Create a "One-Stop-Shop" Business Portal to cut red tape.
Ben Ray Lujan: Voted for Equality Act, expanded Violence Against Women Act.
Ben Ray Lujan: Create true partnerships with Tribal communities.
Ben Ray Lujan: Graded "A" by Center for Freethought Equality.
Mark Ronchetti: Federal economic relief would free violent criminals.
Mark Ronchetti: COVID: relief bill releases violent criminals from prison.
Mark Ronchetti: Welcomes federal intervention against violent crime.
Mark Ronchetti: Strongly opposes efforts to defund the police.
Mark Ronchetti: Federal laws have teeth; we will go after criminals.
Ben Ray Lujan: End for-profit prisons, cash bail, mandatory minimums.
Mark Ronchetti: Opposed to defunding the police.
Ben Ray Lujan: Change approach to minor non-violent marijuana arrests.
Ben Ray Lujan: Hold opioid manufacturers accountable for role in epidemic.
Gavin Clarkson: Supports local drug courts & opioid treatment.
Mark Ronchetti: Give parents opportunity to choose the right public school.
Ben Ray Lujan: Dismantle skyrocketing costs of higher education.
Maggie Toulouse Oliver: Focus on best education within our public school system.
Gavin Clarkson: Concealed carry in the classroom for select teachers.
Gavin Clarkson: Constitution doesn't mention education, so keep feds out.
Energy & Oil|
Mark Ronchetti: Green New Deal would destroy New Mexico's energy economy.
Mark Ronchetti: All-of-the-above approach to developing energy resources.
Mark Ronchetti: Strongly opposes ban on fracking, safely done for 60 years.
Mark Ronchetti: 50% of our oil and gas comes from public lands.
Ben Ray Lujan: Invest in and expand renewable energy projects.
Ben Ray Lujan: Highest-ranking co-sponsor of the Green New Deal.
Gavin Clarkson: Opposes Green New Deal; no fracking bans.
Mark Ronchetti: Pro fracking and continue to use cost effective oil and gas.
Maggie Toulouse Oliver: Unabashed support of the Green New Deal.
Tom Udall: Do it all, do it right.
Mark Ronchetti: Oppose environmental extremism; it crushes middle class.
Mark Ronchetti: The Green New Deal is about socialism.
Ben Ray Lujan: Congress should reassert authority over foreign policy.
Mark Ronchetti: Review trade agreements; put American worker first.
Ben Ray Lujan: Reckless trade wars have raised prices on everyday items.
Gavin Clarkson: Supports "America First" trade policies.
Mark Ronchetti: Protect jobs and national security before trading with China.
Gavin Clarkson: Free trade is only free if it's truly fair.
Gavin Clarkson: Getting government out of the way will grow economy.
Ben Ray Lujan: No campaign money from NRA, nor other company lobbyists.
Maggie Toulouse Oliver: No campaign money from company lobbying groups.
Tom Udall: Abolish Electoral College; extend vote to DC & territories.
Maggie Toulouse Oliver: Supports same day voter registration & early voting.
Mark Ronchetti: Gun owner and a strong supporter of the Second Amendment.
Mark Ronchetti: Opposes a ban of semi-automatic rifles.
Gavin Clarkson: Self-defense is a God-given fundamental human right.
Mark Ronchetti: Supports 2nd amendment and background checks.
Maggie Toulouse Oliver: Refused to certify proposed petition on new gun control law.
Gavin Clarkson: No ban on assault weapons; defend 2nd amendment.
Ben Ray Lujan: Cancer diagnosis shouldn't lead to bankruptcy or home loss.
Mark Ronchetti: Opposes government-run Medicare for All, socialist ideas.
Mark Ronchetti: Against single payer, patients would lose their doctors.
Ben Ray Lujan: Supports $100 million to expand children's healthcare.
Ben Ray Lujan: Increased funding for birth control and related services.
Ben Ray Lujan: Co-sponsor of Medicare for All.
Gavin Clarkson: Competition and choice are only options to lower costs.
Mark Ronchetti: Absolute no to government single payer health care.
Maggie Toulouse Oliver: Supports national health insurance plan and Medicare-for-All.
Gavin Clarkson: No single-payer; repeal ObamaCare.
Mark Ronchetti: Increased defense spending brings jobs to state.
Mark Ronchetti: Protect veterans benefits, wider array of services.
Ben Ray Lujan: Key mission to fight for veterans access to health care.
Ben Ray Lujan: Reverse past & present LGBTQ discrimination in military.
Mark Ronchetti: Against amnesty, close the asylum loophole.
Mark Ronchetti: Eliminate sanctuary city laws around the country.
Mark Ronchetti: Amnesty incentivizes even more illegal immigration.
Ben Ray Lujan: Comprehensive immigration reform must be fair and just.
Ben Ray Lujan: Pathway to citizenship for DREAMers.
Gavin Clarkson: End birthright citizenship; oppose amnesty.
Mark Ronchetti: Opposes illegal immigration and sanctuary cities.
Maggie Toulouse Oliver: Border policy should treat people like humans.
Gavin Clarkson: Oppose amnesty and path to citizenship, with exceptions.
Gavin Clarkson: I support not just the wall, but a high-tech wall.
Ben Ray Lujan: Republicans blocking bills to end pay discrimination.
Mark Ronchetti: Lowering taxes for small business will create jobs.
Ben Ray Lujan: Unions built the middle class in our country.
Ben Ray Lujan: Raise the minimum wage, lower taxes for working families.
Principles & Values|
Mark Ronchetti: Senator should put the people of New Mexico first.
Mark Ronchetti: America the greatest nation on Earth, not afraid to say so.
Gavin Clarkson: Christian, conservative, pro-life, pro-gun, pro-Israel.
Mark Ronchetti: A proud New Mexican conservative.
Mark Ronchetti: Hate for opponents can't be stronger than love of New Mexico.
Ben Ray Lujan: Assistant Speaker of US House; son of speaker of NM House.
Gavin Clarkson: Had to prove New Mexico is a state to get married.
Tom Udall: If you paid into system, you can rely on benefits.
Gavin Clarkson: Pass payroll tax cut, make permanent full expensing.
Ben Ray Lujan: LIFT America Act: $17 billion for energy infrastructure.
War & Peace|
Gavin Clarkson: Get out of Afghanistan; stay out of Syria.
Gavin Clarkson: Need evidence & Congressional approval to trike North Korea.
Welfare & Poverty|
Ben Ray Lujan: End "lunch shaming" for students who can't afford lunch.
The above quotations are from 2020 New Mexico Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)