Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Tennessee Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 TN Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Bill Hagerty (30) Republican Senate challenger Tennessee
- James Mackler (11) Democratic candidate for Tennessee Senator Tennessee
- Lamar Alexander (1) Republican Sr Senator (retiring 2020) Tennessee
- Manny Sethi (17) Republican 2020 Senate Challenger Tennessee
- Marquita Bradshaw (12) Democratic Senate Nominee Tennessee
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Tennessee 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- Nashville Tennessean, "Republican Bill Hagerty is next Tennessee U.S. Senator, defeating Democrat Marquita Bradshaw," by Natalie Allison, 11/5/2020
- National Review, "American Families Want More School Choice," by Alexandra Desanctis, September 30, 2020
- Chattanooga Times Free Press, "Bill Hagerty, Marquita Bradshaw to compete for Tennessee U.S. Senate seat," August 6, 2020
- Sierra Club, "Let's Hold This Space Of Dissonance," by Marquita Bradshaw, Tennessee Chapter of the Sierra Club Environmental Justice Chair, June 19, 2020
- Chattanooga Times Free Press, "Rand Paul endorses Manny Sethi," June 6, 2020
- Johnson City Press, "Sethi applauds president's condemnation of riots," by Robert Houk, Jun 2, 2020
- Hartsville Vidette, "Senate candidate Dr. Manny Sethi visits Hartsville." by Chris Gregory, May 28, 2020
- Nashville Tennesseean, "We need to end blanket approaches to the coronavirus and reopen the economy," by Dr. Manny Sethi, April 20, 2020
- Breitbart News, "China Should Be Held Accountable for the Wuhan Coronavirus," by Bill Hagerty, 18 Mar 2020
- Meet the Press interview of Sen. Lamar Alexander, February 2, 2020
- The Cleveland Banner, "Hagerty vows to stand with Trump," by Tim Siniard, January 11, 2020
- Cleveland Banner, "First-generation American Sethi wants merit-based immigration," by Tim Siniard, December 19, 2019
- The Nashville Tennessean, "Both oppose abortion, but differences emerge among GOP candidates," by Joel Ebert, Dec. 4, 2019
- The Citizen Tribune, "Hagerty leans on Trump support as he mounts Senate campaign," by John Gullion, Oct 27, 2019
- The Jackson Sun, "Preserve the American dream--stop socialism," by Bill Hagerty, 10/16/19
- Vanderbilt Hustler, "Q&A with Dr. Manny Sethi, VUMC surgeon running for U.S. Senate," by Will Fritzler, October 6, 2019
- Nashville Business Journal, "It's official: Bill Hagerty jumps into U.S. Senate race," by Meg Garner, Sep 9, 2019
- Politico.com, "Former Trump ambassador to Japan launches Senate bid in Tennessee," by James Arkin, 09/09/2019
- Mother Jones magazine, "Tommy Tuberville Perfected His Folksy Trumpism in That Great Lab of Democracy: Local Sports Radio," 8/7/19
- The Tennessean, "I want to try to fix a broken system," by James Mackler, March 16, 2019
- The Tennessean, "Mackler announces Democratic bid for Lamar Alexander's US Senate seat," by Joey Garrison, Jan. 9, 2019
- Medium.com, "Let ALL Our Troops Serve," by James Mackler, Jul 26, 2018
- The Nashville Scene, "Mackler Talks Military, Health Care and Marsha Blackburn," By Steve Cavendish & Steven Hale, Nov 9, 2017
- The Tennessean, "Trump's decision makes transgender people 'an enemy of the state'," by Jake Lowary and Jessica Bliss, July 26, 2017
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Manny Sethi: A strong supporter of the Heartbeat Bill.
Bill Hagerty: Vehemently opposes taxpayer funds for abortion.
Bill Hagerty: Possible exceptions for rape/incest, "challenging" situation.
Manny Sethi: Opposed to exceptions for rape and incest.
James Mackler: Woman's medical decisions should be between her & her doctor.
Budget & Economy|
Marquita Bradshaw: Raise minimum wage to $15/hr; end "Right to Work".
Manny Sethi: Will fight out of control federal spending.
Bill Hagerty: Work to get government out of the way of business.
Bill Hagerty: Won't raise taxes; committed to cutting spending.
Bill Hagerty: Democrats plan to undo Trump's economic success.
Marquita Bradshaw: Against overturning rights, especially of LGBTQ+.
Bill Hagerty: Stop the socialist agenda; cut corporate tax rate.
James Mackler: Trump's tax cuts make it easier for jobs to move overseas.
Marquita Bradshaw: We need restorative justice & overhaul of justice system.
Bill Hagerty: Uphold the rule of law; stop ANTIFA.
Bill Hagerty: Supports death penalty for human trafficking.
Bill Hagerty: Use Insurrection Act against domestic terrorism.
James Mackler: Prosecutor JAG in military, and in criminal law afterwards.
Marquita Bradshaw: Support the full legalization of recreational marijuana.
Manny Sethi: Wants to promote faith-based recovery programs for addicts.
Manny Sethi: Let local officials have more authority on opioid crisis.
James Mackler: Legalize medical marijuana for PTSD and chronic pain.
Marquita Bradshaw: Relieve current student debt, provide quality childcare.
Bill Hagerty: Shift education spending to block grants to states.
Manny Sethi: Not government's role to wipe away college debt.
Energy & Oil|
Marquita Bradshaw: First Senate candidate in TN to sign Green New Deal Pledge.
Bill Hagerty: Fight socialist fracking bans, repeal fuel standards.
Bill Hagerty: Eliminate senseless EPA interference on farmers.
Marquita Bradshaw: I'm an environmental justice activist at my core.
Lamar Alexander: Russia out to destabilize western democracies.
Bill Hagerty: Ensure our allies support us and enemies fear us.
Bill Hagerty: US has moral obligation to protect Israel.
James Mackler: Don't reduce funds for State Department nor reduce diplomacy.
Manny Sethi: Need a second Industrial Revolution to bring jobs back to US.
Bill Hagerty: Decrease our strategic dependency on China.
Bill Hagerty: Stand with Trump on being firm with China.
James Mackler: Trade war with China is a disaster.
Marquita Bradshaw: Overturn Citizens United; outlaw gerrymandering.
Bill Hagerty: Constitutionalist judges who won't legislate from the bench.
Bill Hagerty: Protect Constitution; support Congressional term limits.
James Mackler: Doesn't accept corporate PAC contributions.
Marquita Bradshaw: For background checks, red flag laws, CDC research on guns.
Manny Sethi: Red-flag laws are unconstitutional.
Bill Hagerty: The threat to gun rights is real.
Marquita Bradshaw: Medicare for All is a good place to start.
Bill Hagerty: Trump administration did a great job on COVID-19.
Manny Sethi: Against government required vaccinations.
Bill Hagerty: Government run health care model failed in China.
Manny Sethi: We need less government involvement in healthcare, not more.
Bill Hagerty: Return health care to patient choice in free market.
James Mackler: Keep rural hospitals, to serve thousands of Tennesseans.
Manny Sethi: Agrees with Trump that Antifa is terrorist organization.
Bill Hagerty: Give military tools to complete their missions; repair VA.
James Mackler: Let immigrants serve in military, as they always have.
James Mackler: Allow transgender people to serve in the military.
Marquita Bradshaw: Support DACA, pathway to citizenship for undocumented.
Manny Sethi: End birthright citizenship for illegal immigrants.
Manny Sethi: We're giving away our nation.
Bill Hagerty: Opposes amnesty, DACA, and sanctuary cities.
Manny Sethi: We need a merit-based system to admit immigrants.
Principles & Values|
Marquita Bradshaw: One job away from middle class, one loss away from poverty.
Manny Sethi: Work to fight for our Christian values.
Bill Hagerty: America, greatest country, at risk from radical Left.
Bill Hagerty: Must stand up to radical liberals and their socialist agenda.
Bill Hagerty: Endorsed by President Trump for nomination.
James Mackler: Change broken system with Jewish tradition "Tikkun Olam".
Bill Hagerty: Don't "cut" social programs, make them more efficient.
Manny Sethi: Reduce regulation; cut taxes for long-term growth.
Bill Hagerty: Trump's tax cuts are working; for balanced budget amendment.
Bill Hagerty: Work with both parties to close digital divide in Tennessee.
War & Peace|
Manny Sethi: Improve VA hospitals; provide quality mental health care.
The above quotations are from 2020 Tennessee Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)