Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Vermont Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 VT Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- David Zuckerman (25) Vermont Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Eddie Melton (4) Indiana Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Phil Scott (7) Vermont Republican challenger for Governor
- Rebecca Holcombe (22) Vermont Democratic candidate for governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Vermont 2020 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Bennington Banner, "Why I support raising the minimum wage," by David Zuckerman, February 23, 2020
- Politico.com, "Anti-vaxx politicians under fire as coronavirus spreads," by Alex Thompson, Holly Otterbein and Alice Miranda Ollstein, 3/21/2020
- Bennington Banner, "Holcombe: Legislature must address education funding inequities," by Rebecca Holcombe, 1/21/20
- WCAX TV-3 (CBS), "Holcombe kicks off campaign for governor," by Erin Brown, Jan 20, 2020
- Vermont Digger, "Zuckerman officially announces run for governor," by Xander Landen & Kit Norton, 1/13/20
- VTdigger.org, "I will take on the cost of health care," by Rebecca Holcombe, Nov 7, 2019
- The Dartmouth, "Q&A with Vermont gubernatorial candidate Rebecca Holcombe," by Jennie Rhodes, 9/27/19
- CNN.com, "GOP governor backs Trump impeachment inquiry: 'These are serious allegations'," by Paul LeBlanc, 9/26/19
- VTdigger.org, "Scott rejects regulators' ask for Medicaid funding boost," by Xander Landen, Sept. 12, 2019
- SevenDaysVT.com, "Former Ed Secretary Rebecca Holcombe to Run for Governor," by Paul Heintz, Jul 16, 2019
- NBC-5 WPTZ-Burlington, "Vermont governor: DMV stopped sharing info with ICE in 2017," July 8, 2019
- CNN.com, "GOP Vermont governor to allow abortion rights bill to become law," y Caroline Kelly, July 6, 2019
- Valley News, "Gov. Scott Wants to Pay People $5,000 to Live, Work in Vermont," by Anne Wallace Allen, 1/25/2019
- The Hill, "States defy Trump on ObamaCare," by Nathaniel Weixel, 06/02/18
- Burlington Free Press, "VT education secretary search to consider private-sector skills," April 5, 2018
- Burlington Free Press, "Special educators downplay federal guideline repeal," by Nicole Higgins DeSmet, 10/25/17
- (More citations and excerpts to follow when available)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
David Zuckerman: Add reproductive autonomy to Vermont Constitution.
David Zuckerman: Protect funding for Planned Parenthood.
David Zuckerman: Root out structural and systemic oppression.
David Zuckerman: Voted to override veto of gay marriage law.
David Zuckerman: Women should be paid equally and treated equally.
David Zuckerman: We need an extensive and systemic collection of racial data.
Rebecca Holcombe: End racial disparities in Vermont's criminal justice system.
David Zuckerman: Provide needle exchanges, overdose prevention medication.
David Zuckerman: Legalize marijuana.
David Zuckerman: Supports universal afterschool and pre-K education.
David Zuckerman: Free in-state tuition for trade schools & higher education.
Rebecca Holcombe: Public schools reveal strength of a community.
Rebecca Holcombe: Fallout from inadequate funding measured in generations.
Rebecca Holcombe: Committed to protecting rights of students with disabilities.
Rebecca Holcombe: Teacher in school & college before state education secretary.
Energy & Oil|
David Zuckerman: Work toward renewable, sustainable energy as primary sources.
David Zuckerman: Encourage alternatives to single-use vehicles.
Rebecca Holcombe: Climate change is here, renewable energy is our future.
Rebecca Holcombe: Will move us to a sustainable, green energy future.
Rebecca Holcombe: Protect working lands, ensure food security.
Rebecca Holcombe: Restore quality of water, soils, forests to cleaner days.
David Zuckerman: Supports sustainable agriculture & diversified farms.
Families & Children|
David Zuckerman: Supports universal, statewide paid family leave.
Rebecca Holcombe: Make sure every child can be part of good community school.
Phil Scott: Increased spending on childcare & early learning.
Phil Scott: Congress should pass USMCA trade deal.
Rebecca Holcombe: Rebuild trust by strengthening ethics requirements.
Rebecca Holcombe: Public has the right to know leaders work for public.
David Zuckerman: Supports Medicare for All.
David Zuckerman: Stop seeing mental health as separate from physical health.
Rebecca Holcombe: Confront out of control costs; coordinate state government.
Rebecca Holcombe: Scary anyone in public office would doubt value of vaccines.
Rebecca Holcombe: Will confront out of control costs of healthcare, drugs.
Rebecca Holcombe: If you can't afford health care, it's sick care.
Rebecca Holcombe: Should not have to turn down jobs for healthcare eligibility.
Rebecca Holcombe: Health is one sector that touches everything.
Rebecca Holcombe: State's mental health system is underfunded.
Eddie Melton: Rejects increased Medicaid funding, should deal with costs.
Eddie Melton: Signed state individual mandate; goes into effect in 2020.
David Zuckerman: Immigrants & refugees welcome in Vermont.
Eddie Melton: Stopped sharing info with immigration authorities in 2017.
David Zuckerman: Raise minimum wage to $15/hr; plus paid family leave.
Rebecca Holcombe: Unions support wage equity and safe workplaces.
David Zuckerman: Increasing minimum wage will lift workers out of poverty.
Rebecca Holcombe: Unions support wage equity & safe workplaces.
Eddie Melton: Pay people $5000 to take jobs in Vermont.
David Zuckerman: Diversify agriculture; currently 70% dairy.
Phil Scott: Enacted state tax relief on Social Security benefits.
David Zuckerman: Differentiate between those who can or cannot pay more taxes.
David Zuckerman: Institute a wealth tax on state's richest residents.
Phil Scott: Scott and Republicans blocked many new taxes.
Phil Scott: Tax burden takes a toll on economic development.
David Zuckerman: Must increase broadband access in rural Vermont.
Phil Scott: State invests in expanding broadband connectivity.
Phil Scott: Alliance with Microsoft for digital skills, computer science.
Welfare & Poverty|
David Zuckerman: Support new affordable housing, improve existing homes.
Rebecca Holcombe: Target investment at affordable homes & rentals.
David Zuckerman: Supported affordable housing in Vermont State House.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- David Zuckerman Vermont Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Eddie Melton Indiana Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Phil Scott Vermont Republican challenger for Governor
- Rebecca Holcombe Vermont Democratic candidate for governor
The above quotations are from 2020 Vermont Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-21 Governors' book excerpts:
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2020 Senatorial debates: