Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Kansas Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 KS Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Chase LaPorte (8) Kansas Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Derek Schmidt (16) Kansas Republican challenger for Governor
- Jeff Colyer (3) Kansas Candidate for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Kansas Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Associated Press, "Republican Kris Kobach aims to rebrand in Kansas AG race," by John Hanna, October 14, 2022, (Link)
- Topeka Capital-Journal, "Laura Kelly, Derek Schmidt press for specifics on medical marijuana, crime in final debate," by Andrew Bahl, 10/5/22, (Link)
- JDSupra.com: "CBD and Hemp Legal and Regulatory Roundup--July 2022 #3," by Kelley Drye & Warren LLP, July 19, 2022
- The Kansas Reflector, "Schmidt proposes sweeping policy to exempt retirement benefits from state income tax," by Tim Carpenter, June 22, 2022
- Topeka Capital-Journal, "A message to Derek Schmidt: Don't mess with public schools," Op-Ed by Cheryl Herrelson, Michelle Taylor and Ethel A. Edwards, May 12, 2022
- Hays Post, "Schmidt explains so-called 'sanctuary city' bill that passed KS House," by Nick Gosnell, Mar 23, 2022
- Topeka Capital-Journal, "What I saw at the border and why it matters," by Kansas AG Derek Schmidt, 2/16/22
- Topeka Capital-Journal, "Derek Schmidt calls for using surplus to pay down $1 billion in KPERS debt, saving millions in long run," by Jason Tidd, 1/8/22
- Attorney-General's Office press release, "AG Derek Schmidt: Federal court sides with Kansas, blocks unconstitutional federal attempt to seize control of state tax policy," Nov 16, 2021
- WIBW, "AG Schmidt warns Biden Administration proposed asylum regulations could worsen border crisis," by Sarah Motter, Oct. 22, 2021
- WIBW, "Schmidt urges Supreme Court to protect First Amendment rights in case against high school football coach's prayer," by Sarah Motter, Oct. 19, 2021
- Kansas City Magazine, "Why A Bold Proposal For Decriminalizing Marijuana In Prairie Village Failed," by Evan Musil, August 24, 2021
- Breitbart News, "Kansas Gubernatorial Candidate Derek Schmidt Signs '1776 Pledge' to Fight 'Anti-American Indoctrination'," by Ashley Oliver, 21 Jun 2021
- Great Bend Tribune, "GOP gubernatorial candidate Derek Schmidt stops in GB," by Daniel Kiewel, Jun 8, 2021
- WIBW TV-13, "AG Schmidt leads legal brief in support of Fourth of July fireworks at Mount Rushmore," by Sarah Motter, May 22, 2021
- KSNT Topeka, "Kansas lawmakers consider Constitutional Convention to limit federal power, crowd rallies in support," by Rebekah Chung, Posted: Mar 23, 2021
- Fox 4 KC, "'I'm the authentic conservative': Former KS Gov. Jeff Colyer welcomes AG Schmidt to governor's race," by Juan Cisneros, Mar 9, 2021
- Associated Press on KSHB-41, "Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt announces intent to run for governor," by Kari Williams & John Hanna, Mar 09, 2021
- The Topeka Capital-Journal, "The governor's race is officially underway. What role will Sam Brownback and Donald Trump play?," by Andrew Bahl, March 9, 2021
- The Kansas City Star, "Former Kansas GOP Gov. Jeff Colyer, naming key campaign aide, opens bid to retake office," by Jonathan Shorman, March 05, 2021
- WKCH-12 News, "AG Schmidt, legislative leaders propose new Kansas Constitution amendment," by Sarah Motter, Feb. 23, 2021
- Associated Press, "Kansas bill to recognize other states' gun permits advances," by Andy Tsubasa Field, February 10, 2021
- Associated Press on KAKE-ABC, "Push against trans athletes in girls' sports fails in Kansas," May 3, 2021
- The Topeka Capital-Journal, "2022 speculation begins amid election suit controversy," Dec. 14, 2020
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Chase LaPorte: God's word directs us to protect unborn and innocent.
Derek Schmidt: Limited-government conservative who opposes abortion.
Budget & Economy|
Derek Schmidt: Use budget surplus to pay down debt, cut taxes.
Derek Schmidt: Living within our means is a critical task for governors.
Chase LaPorte: I believe in the Biblical standard for marriage.
Derek Schmidt: Would have signed vetoed transgender athlete ban.
Chase LaPorte: I believe in maintaining a strong National Guard presence.
Derek Schmidt: Sued to strike down city marijuana decriminalization.
Derek Schmidt: People influenced by chemical substances hurt innocents.
Chase LaPorte: Kansas schools are inadequately staffed and under-funded.
Families & Children|
Derek Schmidt: Combat the serious problem of elder abuse.
Chase LaPorte: Transparency in government keep officials accountable.
Derek Schmidt: Federal bill expanding voting rights is "hyper-partisan".
Derek Schmidt: Support Supreme Court challenge to 2020 election.
Jeff Colyer: For new Constitutional convention to limit federal power.
Jeff Colyer: Supported Texas challenge to 2020 presidential election.
Derek Schmidt: Let legislature override governor's executive orders.
Derek Schmidt: Recognize out of state concealed carry permits.
Chase LaPorte: Freedom of choice for personal healthcare choices.
Derek Schmidt: COVID: Opposed prisoner vaccines; closing churches, schools.
Derek Schmidt: Elected Attorney-General opposing Affordable Care Act.
Jeff Colyer: Steadfastly opposed Medicaid expansion.
Principles & Values|
Chase LaPorte: I have built my core values upon Biblical foundation.
Chase LaPorte: American dream built on hard work, freedom of commerce.
Derek Schmidt: Public prayer by coach on school field is protected speech.
Derek Schmidt: Wrote legal brief for July 4 fireworks at Mount Rushmore.
Derek Schmidt: Sued to allow COVID relief funds use for state tax relief.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Chase LaPorte Kansas Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Derek Schmidt Kansas Republican challenger for Governor
- Jeff Colyer Kansas Candidate for Governor
The above quotations are from 2022 Kansas Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- American Crisis, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2022 Senatorial debates: