Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Nevada Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 NV Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Adam Laxalt (4) Nevada Republican candidate for governor of Nevada
- Catherine Cortez Masto (8) Democratic Senate candidate Nevada
- Dean Heller (1) Nevada Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- James Vandermaas (16) Democratic Challenger Idaho
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Nevada Senate debates and race coverage:
- NBC News: "Republicans pose serious threat to Cortez Masto in Nevada," by Sahil Kapur and Natasha Korecki, September 12, 2022, (Link)
- Press Release cortezmasto.senate.gov, "Cortez Masto, Grassley Encourage Mental Health Support & Protect Privacy Of Law Enforcement Officers," March 11, 2020
- Press Release cortezmasto.senate.gov, "Cortez Masto, Colleagues Introduce Bill to Reverse Military Funding Diverted for President Trump's Ineffective Border Wall," February 27, 2020
- Breitbart News, "Cortez Masto: 'We Don't Need to Wait for the President' on Background Checks," by Ian Hanchett, 14 Sep 2019
- WorldNetDaily e-zine, "A global 'right of return' to the U.S.? Who knew?," by Ilana Mercer, June 14, 2018
- Buzzfeed News, "Nevada Democratic Senate Candidate: "Offensive" To Suggest I'm Not Mexican Enough," by Adrian Carrasquillo, September 22, 2016
- Slate e-zine, "How a Single Gay Juror Brought Down Nevada's Same-Sex Marriage Ban," by Mark Joseph Stern, Feb 11, 2014
- Las Vegas Sun, "Heller's position on contraception amendment leads to clash with Berkley," by Karoun Demirjian, March 1, 2012
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
James Vandermaas: Infrastructure projects will create jobs now, in the future.
Adam Laxalt: Economic pain from Democrat spending.
Adam Laxalt: The Left's policies caused $6 gas and 15% inflation.
Catherine Cortez Masto: Following court rulings, dropped defense of gay marriage ban.
Catherine Cortez Masto: Supports peer-to-peer counseling & privacy for law officers.
James Vandermaas: Universal pre-K, appropriate compensation of teachers.
James Vandermaas: Finance college through Community Service Payback Program.
Energy & Oil|
James Vandermaas: Wind & solar power cuts our dependence on foreign oil.
James Vandermaas: Encourage transition to "nearly free" wind and solar energy.
Catherine Cortez Masto: Led bipartisan opposition to China's election interference.
James Vandermaas: Tariffs and trade war with China put our farmers at risk.
James Vandermaas: Keep public lands in Federal hands to preserve them.
Adam Laxalt: Illegal votes in 2020 from dead voters and double voters .
Catherine Cortez Masto: Universal background check are an essential first step.
James Vandermaas: In favor of Comprehensive Universal Background Checks.
Dean Heller: Let religious institutions reject objectionable coverage.
James Vandermaas: Proposes Dual Payer plan, free to choose primary coverage.
Catherine Cortez Masto: Let Medicare negotiate drug prices & subsidize insurance.
Adam Laxalt: Impeach the Secretary of Homeland Security for open borders.
Catherine Cortez Masto: Joined on bill to reverse funding diverted for border wall.
Catherine Cortez Masto: On asylum: compassion, justice, rule of law.
James Vandermaas: Expedite asylum requests, implement DACA, re-task ICE.
James Vandermaas: Create regional minimum wage based on local economy.
James Vandermaas: Equal compensation for equal work.
Principles & Values|
Catherine Cortez Masto: Offensive to criticize Mexican-American for no Spanish.
James Vandermaas: Constitution designed to force officials to compromise.
James Vandermaas: We paid into Social Security, we are actually entitled to it.
James Vandermaas: Trickle-up tax relief plans can stimulate and grow economy.
James Vandermaas: Change tax policy to advantage of middle class, not top 1-2%.
The above quotations are from 2022 Nevada Senate race: debates and news coverage.
Sen. Cortez Masto up for re-election in 2022:
Incumbent Catherine Cortez Masto(D)
vs.NV Attorney General; Candidate for Governor 2018 Adam Laxalt(R)
Previous Senate debates:
2018 Nevada Senate debates:
2016 Nevada Senate debates, Cortez-Masto vs.Heck
2012 Nevada Senate debates,
Berkley vs. Heller
2010 Nevada Senate debates, Reid vs. Angle
2006 Nevada Senate debate, Ensign vs. Carter