Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Pennsylvania Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 PA Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Everett Stern (6) Republican Senate candidate Pennsylvania
- Jeff Bartos (12) Republican Challenger Pennsylvania
- John Fetterman (10) Pennsylvania Democratic nominee for Pennsylvania Lt. Gov.
- Malcolm Kenyatta (6) Senate Candidate Pennsylvania
- Pat Toomey (3) Republican Jr Senator Pennsylvania
- Val Arkoosh (3) Democratic Challenger Pennsylvania
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Pennsylvania Senate debates and race coverage:
- Bloomberg.com Politics: "Republican Senators Urge Biden to End Trump-Initiated Trade War," by Laura Davison, July 1, 2021
- Delaware Valley Journal, "Clear Party Differences In Candidates' Stances on Voting Rights Bill," by Jessica Bond, June 30, 2021
- The Bradford Era, "Everett Stern to attend Stand Up For Israel Rally in Philadelphia," by Everett Stern, May 22, 2021
- The Jewish Exponent, "Whistleblower Prepares for GOP Senate Run," by Jesse Bernstein, April 1, 2021
- Johnstown Tribune-Democrat, "Republican Jeff Bartos running for U.S. Senate," by Dave Sutor, Mar 19, 2021
- Jewish Insider, "Jeff Bartos looks ahead to 2022," by Matthew Kassel, March 11, 2021
- Associated Press, "Bartos declares candidacy for US Senate in Pennsylvania," by Marc Levy, March 8, 2021
Wilkes-Barre Times-Leader, "Everett Stern, 'famed whistleblower,' announces run for U.S. Senate," by Bill O'Boyle, February 25, 2021
- NEXTPittsburgh.com, "Why does Lt. Gov. John Fetterman want to run for Senate?," by Michael Machosky, January 14, 2021
- Meet the Press interview of Pat Toomey, January 10, 2021
- CNN State of the Union interview of Pat Toomey, January 10, 2021
- The Philadelphia Inquirer, "Lt. Gov. John Fetterman is eyeing a run for Senate in 2022," by Chris Brennan, January 8, 2021
- Slate blog, "A Layman's Guide to John Fetterman, America's Secret Political Hope," by Heather Schwedel, Nov 07, 2020
- KDKA-TV Pittsburgh CBS News, "Lt. Gov. Fetterman Speaks at Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Picket Event," September 19, 2020
- Pink News (LGBT UK), "Black gay Democrat tears into 'corrupt' Republican attempt to 'intimidate' voters," by Emma Powys Maurice, September 7, 2020
- NorthCentralPA.com, "Proposed change would level the playing field between local businesses and online retailers," Jul 24, 2020
- LGBTQ Nation News, "Black gay Pennsylvania Rep. Malcolm Kenyatta is running for reelection," by Molly Sprayregen, June 28, 2020
- The Philadelphia Inquirer, "Pa. State Rep. Malcolm Kenyatta to fellow lawmakers: 'You can boo but it's true!'," by Jenice Armstrong, May 25, 2020
- Rolling Stone magazine, "Gangster Bankers: Too Big to Jail," by Matt Taibbi, Feb. 14, 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Jeff Bartos: Big companies thrived in pandemic; mom-and-pops got crushed.
Jeff Bartos: Opposed American Rescue Plan as "spendapalooza".
Jeff Bartos: Trump tax cuts, deregulation led to best economy pre-COVID.
Val Arkoosh: Would be first woman physician elected to the Senate.
Malcolm Kenyatta: BLM has to include Black queer folks & Black trans folks.
Everett Stern: Supports regulation of financial institutions.
John Fetterman: Overhauled clemency process, recommended more commutations.
John Fetterman: Must expand redemption, forgiveness side of criminal justice.
Malcolm Kenyatta: We really do need radical reform to policing.
John Fetterman: Listening tour, report got governor to support legalization.
John Fetterman: Legalization means billions in revenue, thousands of jobs.
Val Arkoosh: COVID: Showed tears realizing what her own teens had lost.
Energy & Oil|
John Fetterman: Can't ban fracking immediately, have to be honest.
Families & Children|
Val Arkoosh: Voters set priorities: the economy, jobs, cost of child care.
Everett Stern: Pro-Israel candidate; attended "Stand Up for Israel" rally.
Jeff Bartos: Supports security for Israel, against Iran nuclear deal.
Jeff Bartos: Hold China accountable, for moving embassy in Israel.
Jeff Bartos: U.S.-Israel relationship is sacred to me and to our family.
Jeff Bartos: Voting rights bill attempt by radical left to seize power.
Jeff Bartos: Election not stolen; Trump not to blame for insurrection.
Jeff Bartos: For voter ID, end "no excuse" absentee ballots.
Jeff Bartos: Signed U.S. Term Limits pledge.
Pat Toomey: I think Trump committed impeachable offenses.
Pat Toomey: Not clear if impeachment is valid after leaving office.
John Fetterman: Mocked Texas AG on voter fraud accusations.
Malcolm Kenyatta: Opposed law making voting process less accessible.
Everett Stern: After whistleblower at HBSC, unable to find another job.
John Fetterman: Supports single-payer health care.
Everett Stern: Found money-laundering at HSBC bank to fund terrorist groups.
John Fetterman: Joined newspaper employees on the picket line.
Malcolm Kenyatta: We need to value service industry employees.
Principles & Values|
Everett Stern: Voted for Trump in 2020, but thinks his behavior "atrocious".
Jeff Bartos: People just need government to get out of the way.
Everett Stern: Protecting US is life's passion, central purpose of career.
John Fetterman: Mentored young boy whose parents had died of AIDS.
John Fetterman: Doesn't live in Lt. Gov.'s mansion; but opened pool to kids.
Pat Toomey: Choice between radical left wing and Trump, not referendum.
Malcolm Kenyatta: Liberty and justice not currently attainable for all.
Malcolm Kenyatta: Require online retailers to collect & remit local sales tax.
The above quotations are from 2022 Pennsylvania Senate race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)