Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Legislative voting records for Alaska House and Senate
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from AK legislative records (number of quotes indicated):
- Bill Walker (2) Alaska Independent Governor
- Charlie Huggins (2) Alaska Republican candidate for governor of Alaska
- Mike Dunleavy (3) Alaska Republican candidate for governor of Alaska
- Mike Gravel (1) Democratic challenger for president
- Sarah Palin (7) Alaska Former Governor (resigned 2009); V.P. nominee (2008)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Alaska state legislative voting records, including these candidates:
- AK-R Mike Dunleavy Republican candidate for governor
12th Governor of Alaska, as of December 3, 2018
Member of the Alaska Senate, E district, Jan.20, 2015-Jan.15, 2018
Member of the Alaska Senate, D district, Jan.14, 2013-Jan.20, 2015
- AK-R Charlie Huggins, 2018 Republican candidate for governor of Alaska
Alaska State Senator (2004 – 2017):
President, Alaska State Senate 2013-2014
Senate Minority Leader, Alaska State Senate 2011 – 2012,
Majority Whip, Alaska State Senate 2007
- AK-D Mike Gravel, 2008 & 2019 presidential contender
U.S. Senator, 1969-1980; V.P. contender 1972
Speaker of the Alaska House of Representatives, 1965-1967
Member of the Alaska House of Representatives, 8th district, 1963-1967
- (more state legislative coverage to come)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Charlie Huggins: Supports bill to bar abortion providers from teaching sex ed.
Mike Dunleavy: Sponsors bill to bar abortion providers from teaching sex ed.
Sarah Palin: Safe Haven bill: allow surrendering newborns without penalty.
Mike Gravel: Agreed with NARAL on 16 pro-choice votes; absent on other 7.
Budget & Economy|
Sarah Palin: Vetoed $25M stimulus earmark; Alaskans don't desire "help".
Sarah Palin: Respected court ruling allowing same-sex state benefits.
Sarah Palin: Vetoed bill denying benefits to gays, as unconstitutional.
Mike Dunleavy: Repeal SB-91: crime is out of control.
Bill Walker: SB-91: reduce prison population by 20%.
Charlie Huggins: Voted NO on SB-91 (don't reduce prison population).
Sarah Palin: Gang members on probation must wear electronic monitors.
Sarah Palin: Collect DNA samples from felons.
Sarah Palin: Maintain alcohol sale database; bar giving alcohol to minors.
Families & Children|
Bill Walker: Background checks for guardians of incapacitated individual.
Mike Dunleavy: Sponsored bill to allow concealed guns on campuses.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Bill Walker Alaska Independent Governor
- Charlie Huggins Alaska Republican candidate for governor of Alaska
- Mike Dunleavy Alaska Republican candidate for governor of Alaska
- Mike Gravel Democratic challenger for president
- Sarah Palin Alaska Former Governor (resigned 2009); V.P. nominee (2008)
The above quotations are from Legislative voting records for Alaska House and Senate.
Legislation citations (from news media or state archives):
- Anchorage Daily News on SB-91, reducing prison population, (Huggins & Dunleavy), 7/11/2016
- Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman on SB174, concealed guns on campuses, (Mike Dunleavy), 3/17/2016
- Anchorage Daily News on SB89, sex ed, (Huggins & Dunleavy), 2/25/2016
- Alaska HB 5, on family guardians, (Bill Walker), 5/16/2015