Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Almanac of American Politics, by Grant Ujifusa and Michael Barone
(Click for Amazon book review)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Almanac of American Politics (number of quotes indicated):
- George Pataki (4) New York Republican presidential candidate
- George Ryan (3) Illinois Former Republican Governor (1999-2002)
- Gray Davis (5) California Former Democratic
- Jeb Bush (5) Florida Former FL Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Joseph Lieberman (6) Democrat
- Tom Ridge (9) Pennsylvania Former Republican Governor (1995-2001); DHS Cabinet Sec'y
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles from The Almanac of American Politics:
- Numerous Senate/Governor candidates for 2018-2020 races, from Almanac of American Politics (115th Congress edition), Nov. 1, 2016
- (On Joseph Lieberman): Almanac of American Politics 2000 (Barone & Ujifusa), 1/1/2000
- (On George Pataki): National Journal, the Almanac of American Politics, 7/6/2000
- (On Gray Davis): National Journal, the Almanac of American Politics, 2/11/2000
- (On Tom Ridge): National Journal, the Almanac of American Politics, 1/28/2000
- (On Jeb Bush): National Journal, the Almanac of American Politics, 1/28/2000
- (On George Ryan): National Journal, the Almanac of American Politics, 11/11/1999
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Tom Ridge: Pro-choice.
Budget & Economy|
George Pataki: Cut taxes & cut spending.
Gray Davis: Support flag burning amendment; oppose gay marriage.
George Ryan: Supports gay rights & some riverboat gambling.
George Pataki: Instituted death penalty in NY.
Gray Davis: Supports capital punishment.
Jeb Bush: Fewer death-row appeals; faster executions.
Jeb Bush: Longer prison terms for gun-toting criminals.
Tom Ridge: Supports victimís rights & death penalty.
Gray Davis: Balanced education reform with teachersí unions.
Gray Davis: Supports EdFlex; more money for higher grades.
Jeb Bush: Instituted school voucher plan.
Tom Ridge: More standards, and make them clear.
Tom Ridge: More charters; push for school choice.
Energy & Oil|
Joseph Lieberman: Kyoto Protocol should include China.
Gray Davis: Phase out environmental gasoline additives.
Tom Ridge: Changed rules & got 350 polluted industrial sites cleaned up.
George Ryan: Long-time supporter of gun control; more criminal penalties.
Joseph Lieberman: Limited lawsuits against HMOs and automakers.
Principles & Values|
Joseph Lieberman: Senate status: influential & non-partisan.
Joseph Lieberman: Rebuked Clinton for Monica; but against impeachment.
George Ryan: Instinct for centrism.
George Pataki: Phase out estate and gift taxes.
Jeb Bush: Voter approval of tax increases; cut taxes by $1B.
Tom Ridge: Cut taxes as governor by $2.6B.
Tom Ridge: 60% legislative supermajority for raising taxes.
Tom Ridge: End computer service tax; start R&D tax credit.
War & Peace|
Joseph Lieberman: Supported NATO expansion; arms to Israel & Saudis.
Welfare & Poverty|
George Pataki: Four-year limit for full welfare benefits.
Jeb Bush: Replace AFDC with limited temporary assistance.
Tom Ridge: Able-bodied welfare recipients must work 100 hours a month.
Joseph Lieberman: Supported 1996 welfare reform.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- George Pataki New York Republican presidential candidate
- George Ryan Illinois Former Republican Governor (1999-2002)
- Gray Davis California Former Democratic
- Jeb Bush Florida Former FL Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Joseph Lieberman Democrat
- Tom Ridge Pennsylvania Former Republican Governor (1995-2001); DHS Cabinet Sec'y
The above quotations are from Almanac of American Politics, by Grant Ujifusa and Michael Barone.