Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of GA political races in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (number of quotes indicated):
- Allen Buckley (2) Libertarian Senate challenger Georgia
- Brian Kemp (2) Georgia Republican candidate for Governor
- Casey Cagle (6) Georgia Republican candidate for Governor
- Cynthia Nixon (1) New York Democratic candidate for governor of New York
- David Perdue (1) Republican challenger Georgia
- Derrick Grayson (1) Republican Senate candidate Georgia
- Donald Trump (1) Republican Presidential incumbent
- Elizabeth Dole (1) North Carolina Former Cabinet Member (Labor Sec'y) and Senator
- George W. Bush (5) Republican
- Jack Kingston (1) Republican Challenger Georgia
- Jason Carter (5) Georgia Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Johnny Isakson (1) Republican Jr Senator; previously Representative Georgia
- Jon Ossoff (4) Democratic Senate challenger Georgia
- Karen Handel (6) Republican Challenger Georgia
- Kelly Loeffler (6) Republican Jr Senator Georgia
- Lucy McBath (1) Democrat U.S. Rep Georgia- 6
- Matt Lieberman (4) Democratic challenger for 2-year special election Georgia
- Michelle Nunn (6) Former Democratic Challenger Georgia
- Nathan Deal (4) Georgia Republican Governor
- Raphael Warnock (2) Democratic Challenger Georgia
- Shane Hazel (1) Libertarian Senate nominee Georgia
- Sonny Perdue (1) Georgia USDA Secretary
- Stacey Abrams (1) Georgia Democratic nominee for Georgia Governor
- Zell Miller (3) Former Democratic Senator; retired 2004 Georgia
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
- 2019-20 GA Senate: "Kelly Loeffler donates to Trump recount fund," by Patricia Murphy, Nov 5, 2020
- 2020 GA-5: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "Nikema Williams follows Lewis' path, if not trying to fill his shoes," by Greg Bluestein and Tia Mitchell, 7/22/2020
- 2020 GA-5: Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "Supreme Court upholds protections for Dreamers in immigration ruling," by Tamar Hallerman, 6/18/2020
- 2020-GA-Senate: "As protests continue, legislators float new measures to address racial disparities," by Tia Mitchell & Greg Bluestein, June 16, 2020
- SB15: 11-Alive News, "Governor Kemp vetoes Keeping Georgia School Safe Act," by Hope Ford, May 10, 2019
- On GA-SB9: "Georgia Legislature broadens ban on sex in high school," by Ty Tagami, April 3, 2019
- 2020-GA-Senate: "Woodall, Hazel clash over Mueller probe, illegal immigration in debate", By Jeremy Redmon, 04/04/2018
- 2018-NY-Gov, on Cynthia Nixon, 3/20/2018
- 2016-GA-Senate, on Derrick Grayson, 5/1/2014
- On Michelle Nunn, by Jim Galloway, 7/22-7/24/2013
- On Zell Miller, September 21, 2000
- On George W. Bush, by Ken Herman, 9/3/1999
- On George W. Bush, 6/22/1999
- On Elizabeth Dole and George W. Bush, by Mark Sherman, 6/4/1999
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Kelly Loeffler: Fierce opponent of abortion.
Karen Handel: I cut ties with Planned Parenthood because I was ordered to.
Karen Handel: Chaired Commission with abortion grants, but opposed them.
Budget & Economy|
Karen Handel: Cut spending and reduce regulations.
Michelle Nunn: Supports "Gang of Eight" deal to reduce $17T debt.
Donald Trump: Disinvited from RedState gathering for misogynistic comments.
Michelle Nunn: Let states and individual churches decide on gay marriage.
Jon Ossoff: Don't defund the police; answer is to reform the police.
Raphael Warnock: Mass incarceration a scar on the soul of America.
Johnny Isakson: Legalize medical marijuana and cannabis oil.
Casey Cagle: Declare war on high school dropout rates in Georgia.
Casey Cagle: Education savings accounts including private schools.
Nathan Deal: Criticizing Common Core diverts from advancing education.
George W. Bush: Shift $7B from Title I to low-income schools.
George W. Bush: Shift Title I funds to parents for failed schools.
Energy & Oil|
Matt Lieberman: Net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050.
Families & Children|
George W. Bush: Abstinence Ed should get funded as much as Sex Ed.
George W. Bush: Federal studies & grants for abstinence programs.
Allen Buckley: We face significant problems, including foreign intervention.
Sonny Perdue: Helped save NAFTA by showing Trump red state farmers need it.
David Perdue: My company exported American-made products into Asia.
Brian Kemp: Stricter voter ID laws against threat of illegal voters.
Stacey Abrams: Head of a voter registration group; focus on minorities.
Allen Buckley: Our country faces excessive debt, entitlements, & regulation.
Kelly Loeffler: Defend the Second Amendment.
Matt Lieberman: For assault rifle ban & background checks.
Lucy McBath: Support young voters in keeping guns out of schools.
Jason Carter: Let local communities decide if teachers can be armed.
Michelle Nunn: Background checks for criminals & terrorists.
Elizabeth Dole: Ban AK-47s; add safety locks; instant background checks.
Matt Lieberman: Expand ObamaCare; add public option.
Jason Carter: Claimed water kills Ebola; "I was misinformed".
Nathan Deal: Guaranteed ER room treatment means excessive ER visits.
Nathan Deal: Refuses to expand Medicaid rolls under ObamaCare.
Michelle Nunn: Fix problems with ObamaCare; don't eliminate it.
Zell Miller: Supports More Federal Funding for Health Coverage.
Michelle Nunn: Private-public partnership for national service.
Kelly Loeffler: Supports building border wall.
Shane Hazel: Shut off the welfare magnet; have troops patrol border.
Karen Handel: Ok with 6-country immigration ban, but no religious test.
Brian Kemp: Crack down on illegal immigration.
Michelle Nunn: Pathway to citizenship makes sense.
Casey Cagle: Create 500,000 jobs in first term, to beat Deal's 319,000.
Nathan Deal: Economists don't pay attention to unemployment rates.
Principles & Values|
Kelly Loeffler: Donated maximum $2800 to Trump recount fund.
Kelly Loeffler: TV ad: She's more conservative than Attila the Hun.
Raphael Warnock: 2008: Joined black pastors defending controversial sermons.
Kelly Loeffler: Will abide by Senate ethics rules, won't address conflicts.
Matt Lieberman: Supports impeachment process; would likely vote to remove.
Jon Ossoff: Early campaign pledge: "Make Trump Furious".
Jon Ossoff: Interned for Rep. John Lewis and Rep. Hank Johnson.
Jon Ossoff: Promises to move to 6th district after girlfriend graduates.
Jason Carter: I've passed 21 bipartisan bills in the legislature.
Jack Kingston: Endorsed by McIntosh County Commissioner over Handel.
Karen Handel: Endorsed by McIntosh County Commissioner before Kingston.
Zell Miller: Opposes privatizing Social Security.
Casey Cagle: Slash $100 million in taxes, without cutting core services.
Jason Carter: Step up investment in pursuing tax cheats.
Jason Carter: Discuss regional sales tax to deal with local issues.
Zell Miller: Supports making income tax flatter & lower.
Cynthia Nixon: Infrastructure decimated by tax breaks given to corporations.
Karen Handel: Best for government to get out of the way on infrastructure.
Casey Cagle: 10-year transportation plan for roads & bridges improvements.
Casey Cagle: Double--if not triple--our investment in transportation.
George W. Bush: Census by head count, if possible.
Welfare & Poverty|
Derrick Grayson: Welfare policy rips black families apart, like slavery.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of GA political races in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.