Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of NJ political races in The Newark Star Ledger
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The Newark Star Ledger (number of quotes indicated):
- Albio Sires (1) Democrat U.S. Rep New Jersey-8
- Andrew Cuomo (1) New York Democratic Governor
- Barbara Buono (4) New Jersey Democratic Challenger
- Bob Hugin (1) Republican candidate for New Jersey U. S. Senator New Jersey
- Chris Christie (13) New Jersey N.J. Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Chris Daggett (1) New Jersey Independent Challenger (2009)
- Cory Booker (10) New Jersey Mayor of Newark; N.J. Senator
- Dick Zimmer (1) Republican Senate challenger New Jersey
- Hirsh Singh (1) New Jersey Republican candidate for Governor
- Jack Ciattarelli (2) New Jersey Republican Challenger
- Jeff Bell (1) Republican Senate challenger New Jersey
- Jim McGreevey (2) Former Democratic Governor (2002-2004)
- Joe Kyrillos (4) Republican Challenger New Jersey
- Jon Corzine (1) New Jersey Former Democrat (until 2009)
- Kim Guadagno (3) New Jersey Republican candidate for Governor
- Leonard Lance (1) Republican U.S. Rep New Jersey-7
- Phil Murphy (1) New Jersey Democratic 2021 Gubernatorial contender
- Ray Lesniak (1) New Jersey Democratic 2017 Gubernatorial candidate
- Robert Menendez (2) Democratic Jr Senator; previously Representative New Jersey
- Steve Fulop (6) New Jersey Democratic 2017 Gubernatorial candidate
- Steve Lonegan (5) Republican Senate Challenger New Jersey
- Thomas Kean Jr. (1) Former Republican challenger (2006) New Jersey
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles from the Newark Star Ledger:
- Newark Star Ledger, "Fighting 'extremely alarming' voting laws a big priority as NAACP convention begins in N.J.," by Brent Johnson, Jul. 14, 2022, (Link)
- (On 2021 N.J. Governor race): "GOP governor candidate Ciattarelli wants more exemptions to refuse vaccinations in N.J.," by Brent Johnson, Jul 27, 2021
- (On 2021 N.J. Governor race): "Property taxes, pensions, guns and more: How your next N.J. governor stands on big issues," by Brent Johnson, May 15, 2019
- (On Bob Hugin): Newark Star Ledger on 2018 New Jersey Senate race, 2/18/2018
- (On Leonard Lance): Newark Star-Ledger on LCV Environmental Scorecard, 2/8/2018
- (On Kim Guadagno): Newark Star-Ledger on 2017 New Jersey governor race, 1/17, 8/9 & 8/10/2017
- (On Steve Fulop): Newark Star Ledger on 2017 New Jersey Gubernatorial race, 7/22/2016
- (On Steve Fulop): Newark Star-Ledger OpEd: 2017 New Jersey gubernatorial race, 3/12/2016
- (On Chris Christie & Ray Lesniak): Newark Star-Ledger on 2017 New Jersey gubernatorial race, 3/10/2016
- (On Jim McGreevey & Steve Fulop): Newark Star Ledger OpEd on 2017 New Jersey governor's race, 12/16/2015
- (On Cory Booker): Newark Star-Ledger, "Refugee Ban Belies Who We Are", 11/17/2015
- (On Cory Booker): Newark Star Ledger, "Booker opposes Obama's trade bill", 5/23/2015
- (On Steve Fulop): Newark Star Ledger on 2017 New Jersey Gubernatorial race, 10/2/2014
- (On Cory Booker & Jeff Bell): Newark Star-Ledger on 2014 New Jersey Senate race, 7/1/2014
- (On Cory Booker): Newark Star-Ledger on 2014 New Jersey Senate race, 1/1/2014
- (On Chris Christie & Barbara Buono): Newark Star-Ledger on 2013 N.J. Governor debates, 10/16/2013
- (On Cory Booker & Steve Lonegan): Newark Star-Ledger coverage of 2013 N.J. Senate debate, 10/9/2013
- (On Steve Lonegan & Cory Booker): Newark Star-Ledger coverage of 2013 N.J. Senate debate, 10/5/2013
- (On Chris Christie): Newark Star-Ledger on 2013 N.J. Governor's debate, 6/27/2013
- (On Barbara Buono & Chris Christie): Newark Star Ledger on 2013 N.J. governor debates, 5/9/2013
- (On Joe Kyrillos & Robert Menendez): Newark Star-Ledger on 2012 N.J. Senate debate, 10/10/2012
- (On Chris Christie): Matthew White in Newark Star-Ledger reported on NJ 101.5, 3/29/2012
- (On Chris Christie): Newark Star-Ledger Editorial, 6/5/2011
- (On Chris Christie & Jon Corzine): Newark Star-Ledger coverage: 2009 N.J. gubernatorial debates, 8/5/2009
- (On Chris Christie & Chris Daggett): Newark Star-Ledger coverage: 2009 N.J. gubernatorial debates, 7/29/2009
- (On Chris Christie): Newark Star-Ledger coverage: 2009 N.J. gubernatorial primary, 5/26/2009
- (On Chris Christie): Newark Star-Ledger coverage: 2009 N.J. gubernatorial primary, 5/12/2009
- (On Dick Zimmer): Newark Star-Ledger on 2008 N.J. Senate Debate, 6/4/2008
- (On Thomas Kean Jr.): Deborah Howlett, Newark Star-Ledger, 5/1/2006
- (On Albio Sires): Newark Star Ledger, “Ethics Reform”, 4/1/2004
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Kim Guadagno: Supports women's healthcare; pro-choice.
Cory Booker: Fix Hobby Lobby: it's not about religious freedom.
Jeff Bell: Hobby Lobby ruling protects religious freedom.
Cory Booker: OpEd: In mainstream of NJ, supporting abortion rights.
Steve Lonegan: Opposes abortion rights.
Dick Zimmer: Supports abortion rights.
Budget & Economy|
Joe Kyrillos: Wrong policy: Higher taxes, more spending, more debt.
Barbara Buono: Daughter is gay; supports same-sex marriage.
Chris Christie: If my kids were gay, I'd give them a hug; but no marriage.
Cory Booker: Supports gay marriage: We are all equal under the law.
Cory Booker: African-Americans & gays should both be equal under the law.
Steve Lonegan: Same-sex marriage should be decided by voting, not judges.
Chris Christie: Supreme Court accepting gay marriage was "a bad decision".
Joe Kyrillos: Evolved from opposing civil unions to support over marriage.
Robert Menendez: Evolved from supporting DOMA to supporting same-sex marriage.
Joe Kyrillos: Small business tax affects a lot of small business owners.
Cory Booker: Real solution to crime is addressing poverty and education.
Jim McGreevey: Offer behavioral drug treatment to addicted inmates.
Jim McGreevey: Transition addicted inmates to outpatient drug treatment.
Steve Fulop: Transition addicted inmates to outpatient drug treatment.
Cory Booker: The drug war is an abject failure.
Jack Ciattarelli: Reconfigure state school funding to where it's needed today.
Chris Christie: Build up colleges to support business, & avoid "brain drain".
Chris Daggett: Names educator, Prof. Frank Esposito, as running-mate.
Energy & Oil|
Kim Guadagno: Favor wind turbines on Jersey coast.
Leonard Lance: OpEd: Supports environmental protection but rated 13% by LCV.
Steve Lonegan: OpEd: wants to gut environmental regulations.
Families & Children|
Steve Lonegan: Marriage is the greatest institution; no kids for gays.
Cory Booker: No fast-track for Trans-Pacific Partnership.
Chris Christie: Jersey to Jerusalem Trade Mission: led delegation to Israel.
Barbara Buono: Making voting more difficult does not win elections.
Chris Christie: Vetoes expanded early-voting system; no side-by-side systems.
Chris Christie: Allow just one public salary for state legislators.
Chris Christie: 10-point plan to punish criminal officeholders.
Jon Corzine: Crack down on "pay-to-play".
Albio Sires: NJ has reputation as most corrupt state.
Steve Fulop: Reward "socially responsible" gun distributors.
Barbara Buono: Criticizes pressure from gun rights advocates.
Chris Christie: Vetoed outright ban on Barrett .50 caliber rifle.
Jack Ciattarelli: Would veto ending religious exemptions for vaccinations.
Bob Hugin: As CEO, paid $280M drug settlement.
Cory Booker: ObamaCare needs to be improved, but is helping people now.
Steve Lonegan: ObamaCare is an absolute train wreck.
Cory Booker: Welcome Syrian refugees and fight any bans.
Barbara Buono: Supports tuition equality for illegal immigrants.
Chris Christie: I've never been opposed to tuition equality for illegals.
Thomas Kean Jr.: Stronger borders, no amnesty for illegals.
Kim Guadagno: Against minimum wage hike.
Steve Fulop: Jersey City first to raise the minimum wage to $15.
Joe Kyrillos: Supports state law for minimum wage, but no Amendment.
Robert Menendez: Supports minimum wage increase.
Chris Christie: Ok with either unionized state workers or civil service.
Principles & Values|
Cory Booker: Money to cities is ok: we're one state with one destiny.
Hirsh Singh: Move new state employees to 401k-style retirement plan.
Steve Fulop: No municipal tax increase for third year in a row.
Steve Fulop: We make government work well with no municipal tax increase.
Chris Christie: Keep property tax rebate program.
Andrew Cuomo: Congestion pricing: extra fees for driving into downtown NYC.
Phil Murphy: Share congestion pricing revenue between NYC and NJ.
Steve Fulop: Congestion pricing leads to "race to zero" for NYC vs. NJ.
Welfare & Poverty|
Chris Christie: Food stamps recipients must be in job training programs.
Ray Lesniak: Private donations for job training for SNAP recipients.
Chris Christie: Gut COAH, the Council on Affordable Housing.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of NJ political races in The Newark Star Ledger.