Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of South Dakota political races in The Sioux City Argus-Leader
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The Argus-Leader (number of quotes indicated):
- Billie Sutton (1) South Dakota Democratic candidate for governor Sou
- Dennis Daugaard (1) South Dakota Republican Governor
- Dusty Johnson (5) Republican U.S. Rep South Dakota- 0
- Gordon Howie (3) Independent Senate Challenger South Dakota
- Jay Williams (2) Democratic Senate candidate South Dakota
- Larry Pressler (2) Independent Challenger South Dakota
- Marty Jackley (2) South Dakota Republican candidate for Attorney General
- Mike Rounds (4) South Dakota Former Republican Governor (2002-2010)
- Rick Weiland (3) Democratic Challenger South Dakota
- Scyller Borglum (4) Republican 2020 Senate Challenger South Dakota
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles from the Sioux City Argus-Leader:
- (On Dusty Johnson): Argus-Leader coverage of 2018 SD-0 House race, 10/12/2018
- (On Billie Sutton & Marty Jackley): Argus Leader on 2018 South Dakota Gubernatorial debate, 5/14/2018
- (On Mick Rich): Carlsbad Current-Argus on 2018 New Mexico Senate race, 1/19/2018
- HB 1183: American Civil Liberties Union, "2017 Post-Legislative Wrap Up," by Libby Skarin, Policy Director, ACLU SD, March 31, 2017
- On HB1156: "Lawmakers vote to carry guns in state Capitol," by Dana Fergusond, Feb. 8, 2017
- (On Jay Williams): Argus Leader on 2016 South Dakota Senate race, 2/18/2016
- (On Mike Rounds, Gordon Howie & Larry Pressler): Argus-Leader on 2014 South Dakota Senate race, 8/16/2014
- (On Gordon Howie & Larry Pressler): Argus-Leader on 2014 South Dakota Senate debate, 8/2/2014
- (On Mike Rounds & Rick Weiland): Argus-Leader on 2014 South Dakota Senate debate, 8/2/2014
- (On Rick Weiland & Mike Rounds): Argus Leader on 2014 South Dakota Senate race, 6/30/2013
- (On Dennis Daugaard): Argus Leader, 3/8/2013
- (On Jack McMullen): Rutland Herald and Barre-Montpelier Times Argus, 5/17/2004
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Gordon Howie: Gays and lesbians choose to live outside the laws of God.
Gordon Howie: Civil unions and equal rights for gays, but not marriage.
Larry Pressler: Filed legal brief to overturn S.D.'s gay marriage ban.
Mike Rounds: Legal contracts for gay couples, but not marriage.
Rick Weiland: Immigration problem from profits from cheap immigrant labor.
Dusty Johnson: Support federal drug courts & treatment for opioids.
Billie Sutton: We're not going to incarcerate our way out of this.
Marty Jackley: Bolster rehabilitation and mental health programs for drugs.
Marty Jackley: Congress has failed us on drugs; keep drug dealers out.
Scyller Borglum: Rural education initiative: address gaps in education.
Mike Rounds: Voted for to confirm Betsy DeVos as Secretary of Education.
Dennis Daugaard: School Sentinels: let schools arm volunteer defenders.
Energy & Oil|
Gordon Howie: Congress should pass laws benefiting the oil & gas industry.
Larry Pressler: Immediate increase of 12 cents per gallon in the gas tax.
Mike Rounds: Tax energy exploration on federal land instead of gas tax.
Rick Weiland: End subsidies to big oil companies, instead of gas tax.
Dusty Johnson: Funding for mental health services to lower gun violence.
Scyller Borglum: Oppose Medicare-for-all and replace ObamaCare.
Dusty Johnson: Give states access to waivers; test out healthcare models.
Scyller Borglum: Commonsense approach to immigration, with border wall.
Mike Rounds: Border security first, then a limited path to citizenship.
Rick Weiland: Border security and a path to citizenship at the same time.
Principles & Values|
Scyller Borglum: What it means to be conservative is eroding.
Dusty Johnson: Push back age on Social Security for younger citizens.
Dusty Johnson: Tax Reform 2.0: take time to craft right policy.
Jay Williams: A call for rationality: Tax is NOT a dirty word.
Jay Williams: Pushed for $1.4M property tax to fund school operations.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of South Dakota political races in The Sioux City Argus-Leader.