Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Slate.com centrist opinion and analysis website
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Slate.com (number of quotes indicated):
- Alex Padilla (1) Democratic Appointee California
- Andrew Yang (3) Democratic candidate for President; CEO
- Brian Kemp (1) Georgia Republican candidate for Governor
- Jeb Bush (3) Florida Former FL Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Jerry Brown (1) California Democratic Governor
- Jill Stein (4) Green Challenger
- Joe Walsh (2) Illinois Republican presidential primary challenger
- John Bohlinger (1) Democratic Senate Challenger Montana
- John Kasich (1) Ohio Republican Ohio Governor
- John Merrill (1) Republican 2020 Senate Challenger Alabama
- John Roberts (11) Republican Appointee to Supreme Court
- Joni Ernst (1) Republican Jr Senator Iowa
- Lauren Witzke (1) Republican Challenger Delaware
- Lou Correa (1) Democrat U.S. Rep California- 46
- Lupe Valdez (1) Texas Democratic candidate for governor of Texas
- Mark DeSaulnier (1) Democratic House Member U.S. Rep California- 11
- Matt Bevin (1) Kentucky Republican Governor
- Norma Torres (1) Democratic House Member U.S. Rep California- 35
- Rand Paul (1) Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Rocky Chavez (1) Republican Senate candidate California
- Sharron Angle (1) Republican Senate Challenger Nevada
- Steve Knight (1) Republican House Member U.S. Rep California- 25
- Ted Cruz (1) Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Ted Lieu (1) Democratic House Member U.S. Rep California- 33
- Travis Allen (1) California Republican candidate for California Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles in Slate magazine:
- On 2020 Pennsylvania Senate race:, "A Layman's Guide to John Fetterman, America's Secret Political Hope," by Heather Schwedel, Nov 07, 2020
- On 2020 Lousiana Senate race: "Republicans Are Absolutely Deluded if They Think Only Blue States Need a Bailout," by Jordan Weissmann, April 29, 2020
- On 2020 presidential hopefuls: "Trump's 'Total Authority' Claim Has Rep. Justin Amash "Looking Closely" at Third-Party Run," by Elliot Hannon, April 14, 2020
- On 2020 Veepstakes: "Amy Klobuchar Embodies the Politics of No," by Lili Loofbourow, Feb 22, 2020
- On Don Blankenship: "Racist Ex-Convict Coal Baron Enters Presidential Race," by Molly Olmstead, Nov 11, 2019
- Pres-2020: "Warren's criminal justice reform plan takes aim at both Joe Biden & Kamala Harris," by Matthew Rozsa, 8/21/19
- Pres-2020: "Watch Andrew Yang Break Down in Tears While Discussing Gun Violence," by Daniel Politi, Aug 11, 2019
- Pres-2020: "The Education of Andrew Yang," by Aaron Mak, June 25, 2019
- (On Cynthia Nixon): Slate Magazine on 2018 New York governor race, 8/30/2018
- (On Lupe Valdez): Slate.com on 2018 Texas Gubernatorial race, 5/23/2018
- (On Brian Kemp): Slate.com Ad-Watch on 2018 Georgia gubernatorial race, 5/2/2018
- On 2018 Nichigan Governor race: "Gretchen Whitmer Enters Michigan Governor's Race," by Christina Cauterucci, Jan 05, 2017
- AL-Senate: "Helping More People Vote Would 'Cheapen the Work' of Civil Rights Heroes," , by Mark Joseph Stern, Nov 02, 2016
- (On Jill Stein): Slate.com interview after Second 2016 Presidential Debate, 10/19/2016
- (On Rand Paul): Slate.com coverage of 2016 Kentucky Senate race, 2/18/2015
- On Calif. AB1327: "Up in the Air," by Margot E. Kaminski, Sept 05, 2014
- (On Jeb Bush): John Dickerson on Slate.com, "Hard on the GOP", 3/31/2014
- (On Matt Bevin): Slate.com CPAC coverage of 2014 Kentucky Senate race, 3/7/2014
- Slate e-zine, "How a Single Gay Juror Brought Down Nevada's Same-Sex Marriage Ban," by Mark Joseph Stern, Feb 11, 2014
- (On John Kasich): Slate.com on Ohio legislative records: House Bill 59, 7/1/2013
- (On John Roberts): Slate.com, 7/19/2005
- (On John Bohlinger): David Weigel on Slate.com on 2014 Montana Senate race, 12/13/2013
- House-2020: "GOP Rep Says 'Technology and Science' Make Abortion Exceptions Moot," by JEFFREY BLOOMER , OCT 19, 2012
- (On John Roberts): Emily Bazelon and David Newman, Slate.com, 7/1/2005
- Slate.com e-zine, "Abolish the Senate!," NOV 02, 2000
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Joe Walsh: Science, technology removes exceptions for abortion.
Lupe Valdez: Endorsed by Planned Parenthood.
John Roberts: Prohibit family-planning programs from giving abortion info.
John Roberts: Ok for Operation Rescue to target abortion clinics.
John Roberts: Roe v. Wade is settled law.
John Roberts: Doctors who get federal fund may not mention abortion.
John Merrill: Just because you're 18 doesn't give you the right to vote.
John Roberts: No paper trail as a judge on gay rights issues.
John Roberts: Ok for religious groups to meet at schools.
John Roberts: Opposed simplifying complaints against voting rights.
John Roberts: Weaken the separation of church and state.
Andrew Yang: Repeal 1994 crime bill, decriminalize truancy.
Lauren Witzke: Admits having run drugs for Mexican cartels.
John Roberts: Ok to search cars without particular evidence in mind.
Andrew Yang: Offered high pay for teachers in earlier business.
Jeb Bush: Advocate for Common Core education standards.
John Roberts: No lawsuits to prevent mining on federal land.
John Roberts: Species within one state not protected by federal law.
Families & Children|
John Kasich: De-fund all family planning centers that discuss abortion.
Jill Stein: Syria invited Russia into war; don't threaten no-fly zone.
Matt Bevin: No unilateral action in Eastern Europe.
Andrew Yang: Help gun owners "personalize" guns free of charge.
Brian Kemp: Respect the 2nd Amendment if you want to date my daughter.
Joe Walsh: Purpose of Second Amendment is protection against tyranny.
Joni Ernst: Purpose of Second Amendment is protection against tyranny.
Sharron Angle: Purpose of Second Amendment is protection against tyranny.
Ted Cruz: Purpose of Second Amendment is protection against tyranny.
John Bohlinger: Strong advocate of a single-payer system like Medicare.
Jill Stein: Don't take sides in Yemen; arms embargo instead.
Jill Stein: Warsaw Pact ended NATO's reason to exist, then NATO expanded.
Jeb Bush: Advocate for residency for illegal immigrants.
Principles & Values|
Rand Paul: Under KY law,can't run for Senate & President on same ballot.
Jeb Bush: No pledge on taxes; trade-offs on taxes means leadership.
Jerry Brown: Vetoed too-narrow search warrants for police drones.
Rocky Chavez: Voted NO requiring search warrants for police use of drones.
Travis Allen: Require search warrants for police use of drones.
Alex Padilla: Require search warrants for police use of drones.
Lou Correa: Voted NO requiring search warrants for police use of drones.
Mark DeSaulnier: Require search warrants for police use of drones.
Norma Torres: Require search warrants for police use of drones.
Steve Knight: Voted NO requiring search warrants for police use of drones.
Ted Lieu: Require search warrants for police use of drones.
War & Peace|
Jill Stein: End policy of regime-change and military intervention.
The above quotations are from Slate.com centrist opinion and analysis website.