This page lists memberships in organizations, for elected officials.
Each organization determines its own rules for membership.
Decided Mar 2, 2011
Membership Roster: of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce
Source: U.S. House of Representatives website, www.house.gov
The House Committee on Energy and Commerce has operated continuously--with various name changes and jurisdictional changes--for more than 200 years. The Committee has developed what is arguably the broadest (non-tax-oriented) jurisdiction of any Congressional committee. Today, it maintains principal responsibility for legislative oversight relating to telecommunications, consumer protection, food and drug safety, public health, air quality and environmental health, the supply and delivery of energy, and interstate and foreign commerce in general. This jurisdiction extends over five Cabinet-level departments and seven independent agencies--from the Department of Energy, Health and Human Services, the Transportation Department to the Federal Trade Commission, Food and Drug Administration, and Federal Communications Commission--and sundry quasi-governmental organizations.
- Topic: Energy & Oil
- Headline: Member of House Committee on Energy and Commerce
- Headline 2: Chair of House Committee on Energy and Commerce
- Headline 3: Leader of House Committee on Energy and Commerce
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 11-HC-Enrg
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: