Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Guide to Political Revolution,
by Bernie Sanders
(Click for Amazon book review)
Click here for 17 full quotes from Bernie Sanders in the book Guide to Political Revolution, by Bernie Sanders.
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
BOOK REVIEW by OnTheIssues.org:
This book is a delight to read -- chock-full of hand-drawn graphics (like the cover above) and clearly summarizing a dozen major national problems alongside Bernie's proposed solutions. It's evidently targeted toward young adult activists -- Bernie's supporters who call themselves Our Revolution -- with citations to "Mobilize" and "Learn More" in each chapter. The book is physically small -- to encourage carrying it around to rallies, perhaps -- and sticks to policy points, rather than detailing history or methodology.
On the other hand, the book doesn't say anything new -- everything in here has been said by Bernie during the 2016 campaign, and afterwards. It's really just a concise summary, rather than a detailed guide to how to accomplish the policy goals.
Bernie's other books cover other purposes -- like the details of the daily life of participating in the "revolution" in Where We Go From Here, or the details of what happened during the 2016 campaign in Our Revolution. Those books are as tedious to read as are most political memoirs or political histories -- so we recommend this delightful book instead, as the required reading for anyone who wants to Feel the Bern.
-- Jesse Gordon, jesse@OnTheIssues.org, March 2019
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Undermining unions led to 40-year decline in middle class.
45% estate tax only for estates over $3.5 million.
Regulate derivatives like the high-stakes wagers they are.
Police forces should reflect diversity of their communities.
Racist & failed war on drugs targets people of color.
Education is the great equalizer on path to middle class.
Energy & Oil|
Rising oceans creating world's first "climate refugees".
Families & Children|
Workers need paid family leave and paid sick leave.
Expand "Buy American" and "Buy Local" as government policy.
Employer-based insurance burdens employers & stifles workers.
Mental illness system is in tatters; treat like any illness.
Give undocumented workers legal protections.
Current $7.25/hr and $2.13/hr is starvation wage.
Minimum wage increase helps economy because workers spend it.
Women still earn only 80% of men; minorities earn 63%.
Replace carried-interest loophole with progressive taxation.
Welfare & Poverty|
Welfare to low-wage workers subsidizes profitable companies.
The above quotations are from Guide to Political Revolution,
by Bernie Sanders.
Books by and about 2020 Presidential hopefuls:
- Commentary on events of January 6th (2021)
- Midnight in Washington, by Adam Schiff (2021)
- The Room Where It Happened, by John Bolton (2020)
- Reason To Believe, by Deval Patrick (2011)
- Bloomberg By Bloomberg, by Mike Bloomberg (2001)
- United, by Cory Booker (2016)
- The Truths We Hold, by Kamala Harris (2019)
- Smart on Crime, by Kamala Harris (2010)
- Guide to Political Revolution, by Bernie Sanders (2017)
- Where We Go From Here, by Bernie Sanders (2018)
- Promise Me, Dad, by Joe Biden (2017)
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Jeff Flake (2017)
- Two Paths, by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
- Every Other Monday, by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
- Courage is Contagious, by John Kasich (1998)
- Shortest Way Home, by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
- The Book of Joe, by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
- Becoming, by Michelle Obama (2018)
- Our Revolution by Bernie Sanders (2016)
- This Fight Is Our Fight by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
- A Fighting Chance by Elizabeth Warren (2014)
- The Two-Income Trap by Elizabeth Warren (2007)
- Higher Loyalty by James Comey (2018)
- The Making of Donald Trump by David Cay Johnston (2017)
- 2020 Presidential Hopefuls by OnTheIssues.org