Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Trump Cabinet members actions and issues
(Click for external website)
Articles by/on Trump Cabinet members:
- NPR Morning Edition, "Jim Mattis: 'Nations Without Allies Wither'," September 2, 2019
- USCIS: CBS Face the Nation, "ICE is ready to deport 1 million undocumented immigrants," by Camilo Montoya-Galvez, July 7, 2019
- NASA: Business Insider, "India's satellite destruction created space junk," by Sinead Baker, 4/2/19
- State: Middle East Monitor, "US will recognise Israel's sovereignty over Golan heights," March 21, 2019
- DOD: NBC News, "New Pentagon transgender rule sets limits for troops," March 13, 2019
- State: Tyler (TX) Morning Telegraph, "US withdrawing from INF treaty with Russia," by Deb Riechmann, Robert Burns and Matthew Lee, 2/1/2019
- DNI: Annual Threat Assessment, report to the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, by Director Dan Coats, January 29, 2019
- Commerce: Fox News, "'New space race' could yield $1 trillion industry: Wilbur Ross," by Thomas Barrabi, 11/29/2018
- White House press release, "WTAS: Support for President Trump's Successful Trade Negotiations with Mexico and Canada," Oct. 2, 2018
- Commerce: New York Magazine, "Memo Contradicts Ross's Rationale for Adding Citizenship Question to Census", by Eric Levitz. Sept. 18, 2018
- Treasury: The New York Times, "The Trump Administration Mulls a Unilateral Tax Cut for the Rich", by Alan Rappeport & Jim Tankersley, 7/30/2018
- Economics: Motley Fool, "Trump's Top Economic Advisor Has a Surprising Take on Social Security," by Sean Williams, 7/19/2018
- Commerce: The Washington Post, "Trump officials weigh limits on uranium," by Steven Mufson, 7/18/2018
- Treasury: The New York Times, "How Mnuchin Keeps a Steady Grip in a Tug of War on Trade", by Alan Rappeport, 6/3/2018
- Commerce: Reuters, "U.S. launches auto import probe against China", by David Shepardson & Jeff Mason, 5/23/2018
- Treasury: Reuters, "U.S. Treasury's Mnuchin at G20 emphasize free trade, reciprocal terms: official" by David Lawder, 3/19/2018
- Economics: Fortune.com, "Who Is Larry Kudlow, Trump's New Top Economic Advisor?", by Lucinda Shen, 3/14/2018
- DOT: The Washington Examiner, "Environmental permitting reform will spur 'ready' infrastructure projects", by Josh Siegel, 3/1/2018
- ED: Military Times, "DeVos backs school choice proposal for military children," by Maria Danilova, 2/22/2018
- Treasury: CNBC, "Mnuchin asks Congress 'to look at' gun violence after shooting", by Jacob Pramuk, 2/15/2018
- DOT: The Intercept, "Mitch McConnell & Elaine Chao Shrouded In Offshore Tax Haven," by Lee Fang & Spencer Woodman, 2/5/2018
- DVA: Stars and Stripes, " Shulkin: law makes marijuana too difficult to study ", by Nikki Wentling, 1/19/2018
- Treasury: The Washington Examiner, " Mnuchin: ObamaCare individual mandate repeal not a bargaining chip, " by Naomi Lim, 11/19/2017
- DVA: Washington Examiner, "Shulkin: Fixing VA 'a matter of national security'", by Sarah Westwood, 11/17/2017
- DOT: Transport Topics, "Tax Reform First, Then Infrastructure," by Eugene Mularo, 10/23/2017
- Treasury: CNBC, "'It's very hard not to give tax cuts to the wealthy,' Steven Mnuchin now says", by John Harwood, 10/18/2017
- Commerce: Washington Examiner, " Tax reform priority is a little bit of redistribution," by Joseph Lawler, 7/22/2017
- Commerce: Washington Blade, "Commerce Dept. omits, restores LGBT people in non-discrimination policy." by Chris Johnson, 6/16/2017
- USDA: Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "Sonny Perdue's surprising role in saving NAFTA", by Greg Bluestein, April 28, 2017
- ED: Mother Jones, "Devos wants to use America's schools to build 'God's Kingdom'," by Kristina Rizga, Mar/Apr 2017 issue
- Treasury: The Guardian (UK), "Mnuchin: Trump will not cut social security and Medicare 'entitlements'," 2/26/2017
- DVA: NPR Morning Edition, "Hiring Freeze and Obamacare repeal could clobber VA," by Quil Laurence, 1/25/2017
- USDA: Rewire.news, "Anti-Choice Sonny Perdue Selected for Agriculture Secretary," by Ally Boguhn, January 19, 2017
- DOT: The Washington Post, "Chao emphasizes private funds for transportation fixes," by Michael Laris and Ashley Halsey III, 1/11/2017
- ED: NEA Today, "DeVos: Dangerous for Students and the Promise of Public Education," by John Rosales, 1/11/2017
- Economics: CNBC, "In Gettysburg, we need the pro-life, pro-growth, 'King Dollar'," by Larry Kudlow, 10/22/2016
- Commerce: CNBC, "Healthy Gen Y-ers won't buy Obamacare," ,y Matthew J. Belvedere, 10/18/2013
- DOT: NPR.org, "For Elaine Chao, A Tough Voyage To U.S. Leadership," by Michael Martin, 7/18/2012
- USDA: Fastcase.com, "Guns Banned from Georgia Airport, For Now", July 1, 2008
- USDA: Law.com, "Perdue vows special session on gay marriage if appeal slowed," May 17, 2006
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Scott Pruitt: Double headline - Already Done.
Sonny Perdue: Parental notification for minors.
Larry Kudlow: Trump's support of late-term abortion ban is "gift from god".
Budget & Economy|
Larry Kudlow: FactCheck: No, deficit is increasing with Trump tax cuts.
Linda McMahon: Reduce financial regulations so small businesses get capital.
Wilbur Ross: SEC investigating insider trading "short sale" of oil stock.
Elaine Chao: Reckless tax and spend strategy is hazardous for economy.
Jeff Sessions: 1986: Lost appointment for racially insensitive comments.
Linda McMahon: Longtime advocate for women in leadership and business.
Betsy DeVos: Rescind "weaponized" use of sexual misconduct accusations.
Ben Carson: Scrap HUD tool for racial discrimination in public housing.
Wilbur Ross: LGBT protections omitted, then reinstated following scrutiny.
Nikki Haley: Our goal should always be to empower women.
Sonny Perdue: Call on legislature for Constitutional ban on gay marriage.
Betsy DeVos: Served as chairman of investment firm The Windquest Group.
Daniel Coats: Pro-growth economic policies to put Americans back to work.
Jeff Sessions: Establishment conservative: opposed 2008 bank bailouts.
Linda McMahon: Give entrepreneurs the tools they need to start & succeed.
Linda McMahon: Grew WWE from 13-person company to 800 employees worldwide.
Mick Mulvaney: Ran family real estate business & family restaurant.
Steve Mnuchin: Partner at Goldman-Sachs; board member at three art museums.
Wilbur Ross: 55 years of investment banking and private equity experience.
Wilbur Ross: Privatization adviser to New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani.
Elaine Chao: Public-private partnerships for innovating on infrastructure.
Elaine Chao: Reform corporate tax code to reward offshore tax havens.
Wilbur Ross: Alleviate corporate tax rate; small break for lower earners.
Betsy DeVos: Require cross-examination of victims of sexual harassment.
David Shulkin: VA research of marijuana restricted by federal law.
Ben Carson: Carson Scholars Fund: $7M in scholarships.
Betsy DeVos: Mother was public school teacher; Betsy was in-school mentor.
Scott Pruitt: Evolution is unproven theory.
Betsy DeVos: Use federal funds for private schools for military kids.
Betsy DeVos: Contributes to education to advance "God's Kingdom".
Energy & Oil|
Rex Tillerson: At Exxon, rose from production engineer to president.
Ryan Zinke: Increase coal, oil & gas mining access at National Monuments.
Ryan Zinke: Public lands opened for private company energy development.
Rick Perry: Simultaneous economic growth & environmental protection.
Ryan Zinke: End ban on lead bullets & fishing tackle in wildlife refuges.
Sonny Perdue: Responsibility is to leave the land better than we found it.
Mick Mulvaney: You can't drain the swamp and leave all the people in it.
Elaine Chao: Environmental regulations create roadblocks and delays.
Families & Children|
Rex Tillerson: National President of the Boy Scouts from 2010 to 2012.
Donald Trump: Recognize 1967 Israel's annexation of Golan Heights.
Daniel Coats: China's goal is global superiority, including militarily.
Daniel Coats: China grows by investment; Russia by misdirection.
Daniel Coats: Criticizes government censorship & social controls in China.
Daniel Coats: China holds 1M Muslims in "patriotic re-education" camps.
Nikki Haley: Time to show people reasons to support the U.N.
Nikki Haley: US is world's conscience; participation in UN reflects that.
Nikki Haley: We will deal fairly with people who are fair to us.
Sonny Perdue: Promote agricultural interests to international markets.
Sonny Perdue: Supports USMCA trade agreement to replace NAFTA.
Steve Mnuchin: Supports USMCA trade agreement to replace NAFTA.
Wilbur Ross: Supports USMCA trade agreement to replace NAFTA.
Sonny Perdue: Tariffs on China are painful now, but healthy later.
Steve Mnuchin: Free market proponent but tariffs OK to reduce trade deficit.
Wilbur Ross: Auto imports are threatening U.S. auto industry.
Steve Mnuchin: 3-part agenda: tax & regulatory relief; free & fair trade.
Steve Mnuchin: Free markets YES, but U.S. needs balanced trade agreements.
Sonny Perdue: Helped save NAFTA by showing Trump red state farmers need it.
Steve Mnuchin: Gun violence is tragedy and policy needs to be addressed.
Sonny Perdue: Legalized concealed weapons on public transportation.
Steve Mnuchin: Repeal ObamaCare individual mandate for middle class tax cut.
Tom Price: Premise of ObamaCare is that Washington knows best.
Tom Price: Practicing orthopedic surgeon before entering politics.
David Shulkin: The VA is just as good or better than private health care.
Wilbur Ross: Young, healthy people enrolling in Obamacare is illogical.
Jim Bridenstine: Intentional explosions in space pose risk to all spaceflight.
Donald Trump: Bar transgender troops from enlisting in military.
Nancy Pelosi: Ban on transgender troops enlisting in military is cowardly.
Daniel Coats: 1980s & 1990s: strengthen our national defense and security.
Rick Perry: 1970s: flew C-130 tactical airlift aircraft in Air Force.
Sonny Perdue: Food security is a key component of national security.
Wilbur Ross: Invoke national security to restrict imports on uranium.
David Shulkin: Largest modernization effort at VA in decades.
David Shulkin: A voluntary military might not work without good VA care.
Elaine Chao: Immigrated to America at age 8; gained citizenship at age 19.
Wilbur Ross: Citizenship on census vital to enforce Voting Rights Act.
Larry Kudlow: Zero immigration till new system to stop ISIS is implemented.
Elaine Chao: Legality at the heart of immigration policy debate.
Nikki Haley: Refugee ban: What we did was take a pause.
Principles & Values|
Daniel Coats: Founded charity, The Foundation for American Renewal.
Mick Mulvaney: Lifelong Carolinas resident; graduate of UNC-Chapel Hill.
Mick Mulvaney: Founding member of Our Lady of Grace Catholic Mission.
Rick Perry: Longest-serving governor In Texas history.
Tom Price: Accused of insider trading; resigned due to travel expenses.
Larry Kudlow: Market's higher return trounces Social Security's low yield.
Steve Mnuchin: Focus of Presidential budget is not cutting entitlements.
Larry Kudlow: Never believe the CBO: tax cuts will not increase deficit.
Steve Mnuchin: Implemented Trump's "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act".
Steve Mnuchin: Bypassing congress to cut taxes on capital gains possible.
Elaine Chao: Chao family foundation funds funneled into offshore firms.
Steve Mnuchin: Mathematically impossible to avoid tax cuts on wealthy.
Betsy DeVos: DeVos record includes advocating for tax cuts for the rich.
Daniel Coats: Russia abuses social media in anti-democracy information war.
Wilbur Ross: Space race to stimulate economic growth across industries.
Elaine Chao: Specialized in transportation financing in private sector.
Elaine Chao: Slow permitting process blocking private sector investments.
War & Peace|
Mike Pompeo: Oppose Iran setting up Hezbollah targeting in Golan Heights.
Donald Trump: Russia violates the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces treaty.
Mike Pompeo: Withdraw from INF to counter Russia and China.
Daniel Coats: North Korea views nuclear weapons as critical to survival.
Daniel Coats: Iran escalating wars in Yemen and Syria, but not nukes.
James Mattis: Led Marines in Iraq, Afghanistan, and overall Mideast.
James Mattis: Resigns in wake of announcement of withdrawal from Syria.
James Mattis: Keep U.S. troops in Syria indefinitely to defeat ISIS.
Nikki Haley: Military action & sanctions against Syrian chemical weapons.
John Bolton: Abrogate the Iran nuclear deal; encourage Israel to attack.
Mike Pompeo: Negotiate from strength to denuclearize North Korea.
Nikki Haley: Peacekeeping forces should not be permanent.
Welfare & Poverty|
Elaine Chao: Restored trust as CEO of United Way of America.
Larry Kudlow: Be tougher on spending, including entitlement reform.
Ben Carson: Eliminate income-based rent increases in public housing.
Ben Carson: Cycle people up and out of public housing developments.
The above quotations are from Trump Cabinet members actions and issues.
Biographies of past presidents:
- President Donald Trump
- Crippled America, by Donald Trump
- Trump Cabinet, On The Issues collection
- Donald Trump vs. Hillary Clinton On the Issues
- President Barack Obama
- Decision Points, by Barack Obama
- Obama Cabinet, On The Issues collection
- Barack Obama vs. Mitt Romney On the Issues
- President George W. Bush
- Bush Cabinet, On The Issues collection
- Decision Points, by George W. Bush
- A Charge to Keep, by George W. Bush
- President Bill Clinton
- Clinton Cabinet, On The Issues collection
- Back to Work, by Pres. Bill Clinton
- The Agenda, by Bob Woodward
- President George H. W. Bush
- All the Best, My Life in Letters, by George Bush Sr.
- The Family, (the Bushes) by Kitty Kelley
- William & Mary Environmental Law Review, by Cameron Lynch
- President Ronald Reagan
- Dutch, a Memoir of Ronald Reagan, by Edmund Morris
- Abortion and the Conscience of a Nation, by Pres. Ronald Reagan
- President Jimmy Carter
- An Hour Before Daylight, by Jimmy Carter
- Jimmy Who?: biography of Jimmy Carter
- President Gerald Ford
- Shadow: Five Presidents and the Legacy of Watergate,by Bob Woodward
- A Time to Heal: The Autobiography of Gerald R. Ford
- President Richard Nixon
- Seize the Moment, by Richard Nixon
- The Watergate Transcripts, by The Washington Post
- President Lyndon Johnson
- The Passage of Power, by Robert Caro
- Taking Charge: The Johnson White House Tapes, by Michael Beschloss
- President John F. Kennedy
- Profiles In Courage, by John F. Kennedy
- A Nation of Immigrants, by John F. Kennedy
- Kennedy & Nixon, by Chris Matthews
- 1000 Days, by Arthur Schlesinger
- 13 Days, by Robert F. Kennedy
- President Dwight Eisenhower
- Waging Peace, by Dwight Eisenhower
- Ike and Dick, by Jeffrey Frank
- President Harry Truman
- Plain Speaking, by Merle Miller
- Wit & Wisdom of Harry Truman, by Ralph Keyes