Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Winning the Future
A 21st Century Contract with America, by Newt Gingrich
(Click for Amazon book review)
Click here for 26 full quotes from Newt Gingrich in the book Winning the Future.
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
BOOK REVIEW by OnTheIssues.org:
Newt loves The Future. This book outlines his policy prescriptions for The Future. Newt, as always, has lots of new ideas -- although a lot of the time, they sound like the same old ideas reapplied with clever new packaging. But Newt is very clever about the packaging.
In fact, this book attempts to reapply Gingrich's most successful packaging -- the "Contract With America" which gained Republicans control of the House of Representatives in the 1990s. This book's subtitle is "A 21st Century Contract With America", and many of the chapters focus on the "21st Century" idea, or the "Contract With America" idea. Some examples:
- 21st Century Intelligent Health System: Sounds like an alternative to ObamaCare, but mostly it's repackaging Health Savings Accounts and some business models from the early 2000s.
- 21st Century Congress: This could become an interesting chapter if Newt runs for president in 2016, because he cites approvingly Senator Marco Rubio's method for reform, called 100 Ideas. Newt cites Rubio's website (this being the 21st century), and since Rubio is also a contender for 2016, they could debate who is more 21st-century-idea-oriented (Rubio cited Newt in his book, too).
- Patriotic Immigration; Patriotic Education; Patriotic Stewardship: These topics got a chapter each, and felt entirely like repackaging under the very-non-21st-century rubric of "patriotism." If Newt has his way, patriotism will be a new focus of reform -- accomplishing that would make him an organizer well beyond that which he accomplished in the 1990s.
-- Jesse Gordon, editor-in-chief, OnTheIssues.org, Dec. 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Impeach judges who donít abide by Constitution as written.
Foreign opinion has no relevance to US same-sex marriage.
Foreign opinion irrelevant to US affirmative action policy.
Criminal wealth corrupts police and politicians.
3-strike laws are constitutional; enforce courts compliance.
Narcotics trafficking funds terrorism and corruption.
Re-center America on the Creator.
Earning by Learning: pay students $2 per summer book.
Encourage public-private partnerships like Land Trusts.
America is Continent of Hope, with special responsibility.
Finance world biodiversity hot spots via foreign aid.
Real change needed for lobbying reform, not just piecemeal.
CFR protects incumbents by limiting free speech.
Election process has become incumbency protection racket.
Donít redefine Constitution with no individual right to arms.
Health Savings Accounts: tax-free savings until used.
Defeat al Qaeda; contain N.Korea, Russia, China, & Pakistan.
System that can smuggle slaves can also smuggle terrorists.
Unions good early on, but now they block competition.
Principles & Values|
Winning the future requires a movement for real change.
21st century Contract With America: grassroots movement.
Freedom OF religion; not freedom FROM religion.
Transform Social Security into personal savings accounts.
NASA focuses too much on safety and elite standards.
21st century reform: Being online better than being in line.
War & Peace|
US in Long War with irreconcilable wing of Islam.
The above quotations are from Winning the Future
A 21st Century Contract with America, by Newt Gingrich.
Related books, debates, and candidates:
- Gingrich vs. Ron Paul On the Issues, by Jesse Gordon, Dec. 2011
- Gingrich vs. Rick Santorum On the Issues, by Jesse Gordon, Jan. 2012
- To Save America, by Newt Gingrich
- A Nation Like No Other, by Newt Gingrich
- Winning the Future, by Newt Gingrich
- Saving Lives and Saving Money: Transforming Health and Healthcare, by Newt Gingrich
- Lessons Learned the Hard Way: A Personal Report, by Newt Gingrich
- Newt! Leader of the Second American Revolutionby Dick Williams
- Rediscovering God in America: Reflections on the Role of Faith in Our Nation's History and Future, by Newt Gingrich
- Contract with America, by Gingrich and Armey
- To Renew America, by Newt Gingrich